Notices

Philly Members?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 02:31 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 385 Posts

You can also check out ADK Automotive, and Mainline Cars and Coffee events.
I usually jump in 1 or 2 of the ADK Rally Events each year, as they put together a good event, with spirited driving that usually follows by a luncheon at the end. You also have PCA - RTR’s Philatrunk towards the end of the year, and several other charitable car events (typically run in the Fall).

Tocos and Tailpipes by Menards in Bucks Co. is usually in June - Charity event, well run, but damn does this get crowded.
I plan to be at the 1st Mainline C&C, then the last. The same ol’ same ol’ ppl tend to show up month after month, which doesn’t entertain me, which is why I only like to start and finish the year at this event.

PPL that I role with like driving more than we do gawking at cars. We typically hang out for about an hour, then plan a spirited drive after. This is why I like the ADK events, they’re usually 30-40 mins outside of the city limits, so you can get a nice cruise there, and back, along with a nice drive with everyone in between.

Lastly, this is my first year joining the track circuit, and I plan to do a minimum of 2 full weekends. Starting at NJMP Lighting 5-7th. This is going to be the ultimate C&C in my opinion. Where I get to hang/chat/learn with likeminded people, and get to rip the HELL out of my car. Come and join!

Last edited by BoxKing; 03-18-2024 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:41 PM
String33
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh(PA)
Have any of you guys seen this? Looks like we are getting a new dealership at rt100 and Font Rd. Kind of exciting
So RDS will have an additional location, Porsche Conshohocken now has a location in the KOP mall, but Porsche will still make the same number of cars. Makes complete sense!
Old 03-18-2024, 06:22 PM
Nhat_911_GTS
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ldamelio
New group starting April 6 - BuxMont Exotics From their email:

Starting Saturday, April 6th, 8-10.in the parking lot in front of Harrigan's Pub, 1051 W. County Line Road, Hatboro/Warminster.

This started out of the ashes of Bucks County Exotics. This was a great group but ran out of space in the shopping centers off of 611 and some people may have hooned when leaving and generally upset the apple cart.

Coincides with RTR@Lightning so no go for me.
Too early for me. I lived over an hour away.
Old 03-22-2024, 10:32 AM
Mfry712
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, just wanted to say thank you for the loads of information in this thread... nearly finalized on a purchase for a 911 TTS and knowing what shops are preferred helps!
Old 03-22-2024, 12:58 PM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfry712
FYI, just wanted to say thank you for the loads of information in this thread... nearly finalized on a purchase for a 911 TTS and knowing what shops are preferred helps!
Congrats on your impending purchase. Post some pics when it's a done deal.

Last edited by Kevin8tor; 03-22-2024 at 12:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2024, 10:45 AM
wolfsburgde
Pro

Received 216 Likes on 154 Posts

Anyone else headed here today?

https://www.amblercarsandcoffee.com

I’m on my way to it now and will post a review and some Porsche content when I get back.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:11 AM
Hammbone50
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfsburgde
Anyone else headed here today?

https://www.amblercarsandcoffee.com

I’m on my way to it now and will post a review and some Porsche content when I get back.
Never knew this existed, please let us know how it was!
Old 04-14-2024, 01:22 PM
wolfsburgde
Pro

Received 216 Likes on 154 Posts

This was a pretty fun show with something for everyone: Porsches, Corvettes, JDM imports, and lots of dogs to pet! I would definitely go again.
The following users liked this post:
Hammbone50 (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 09:32 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

There were too many competing events today, and I think most locals went to Mainline Cars & Coffee. There was easily 1000 cars there, with some extreme exotics (Pagani/Chiron etc…)

My buddy had his drone out, and snapped this aerial photo of just the Porsche section.

The following users liked this post:
wdb (04-16-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 09:44 AM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 117 Posts

My take on ML Cars & Coffee's new location in Bala Cynwyd is that this first event may have gone smoothly, but future ones are likely to draw the dirt bike and atv crowd from Philly, as well as more of the Challenger/Demon/Mustang crowd who often seem incapable of arriving or leaving an event without making idiots of themselves (or crashing). If this happens it is likely to create a level of chaos that I have no interest in getting randomly caught up in, or even being around. I'm not sure Lower Merion police are ready to deal with the potential mayhem. I preferred the smaller, more intimate venues of downtown Bryn Mawr and also the awesome terraced set-up at DCCC. Maybe the ingress-egress in BC is preferable for the operators since BC is largely vacant on Sunday mornings. I'm sure the immediate highway access is great for pulling in distant attendees, as well, but overall, this location is a hard pass for me.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:31 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
My take on ML Cars & Coffee's new location in Bala Cynwyd is that this first event may have gone smoothly, but future ones are likely to draw the dirt bike and atv crowd from Philly, as well as more of the Challenger/Demon/Mustang crowd who often seem incapable of arriving or leaving an event without making idiots of themselves (or crashing). If this happens it is likely to create a level of chaos that I have no interest in getting randomly caught up in, or even being around. I'm not sure Lower Merion police are ready to deal with the potential mayhem. I preferred the smaller, more intimate venues of downtown Bryn Mawr and also the awesome terraced set-up at DCCC. Maybe the ingress-egress in BC is preferable for the operators since BC is largely vacant on Sunday mornings. I'm sure the immediate highway access is great for pulling in distant attendees, as well, but overall, this location is a hard pass for me.

I agree 100% with everything you said, and wished they kept it at DCCC, that location was my favorite of last year. Apparently they had to go in front of a committee to retain DCCC, and failed to get enough support. BC did not present itself as a safe location for roughly 50 million dollars worth of cars to be, within close proximity of _______ (you can fill in the blank), which is why I came holstered. Not to mention this was only a 3 mile drive for me, which took away from the fun of driving back and forth to an event with friends.

It’s a shame that they cant seem to get things right, and when they do, they switch it up for the worse. Not shot the BC location lasts, which Im hopeful for. I only ever attend the first, and last events they put on - ADK C&C or their Rally’s are generally my go to. You can actually get a good cup of coffee at their events!
Old 04-16-2024, 10:36 PM
Hammbone50
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I agree 100% with everything you said, and wished they kept it at DCCC, that location was my favorite of last year. Apparently they had to go in front of a committee to retain DCCC, and failed to get enough support. BC did not present itself as a safe location for roughly 50 million dollars worth of cars to be, within close proximity of _______ (you can fill in the blank), which is why I came holstered. Not to mention this was only a 3 mile drive for me, which took away from the fun of driving back and forth to an event with friends.

It’s a shame that they cant seem to get things right, and when they do, they switch it up for the worse. Not shot the BC location lasts, which Im hopeful for. I only ever attend the first, and last events they put on - ADK C&C or their Rally’s are generally my go to. You can actually get a good cup of coffee at their events!
Really bummed to hear this… my kids and I had a great time attending multiple times last year. Will probably go next month and see how it is for myself but this is discouraging to hear and wished it wouldn’t have moved locations!

Quick Reply: Philly Members?