Notices

Proposed DC Metro Area "Meet and Drive" to Annapolis - Sun. 11/9

Old 10-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Let's see, about 10 people have responded so far... so if the 50% rule is in effect, I guess we'll have about 5 people show up! Maybe more will hear about it, word of mouth...

If the weather is a glorious as today's was, it should be a great day for a ride out of town and back.

Steve

PS - The 50% rule is - if you invite 50 people to a party, and they all say they will probably come unless something else comes up, you gotta fiqure only 25 will show. Some may call that pessimistic, I just call it life.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:22 PM
chuckw911e
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Well I don't have 993...but I am a porsche nut out in Annapolis.

You might consider having lunch and parking at Carol's Creek Cafe ((410) 263-8102) which is near Cherners. The manager (Rick or Rich) there is porsche enthusiast and the Chesapeake Region PCA frequently has there meetings as well as the new member party at Carol's Creek.

Chuck

Originally posted by Steve 96C4S
Good point on the parking, Rick. Your idea sounds perfect - to caravan to the Chart House, leave our P-cars there (but where specifically could we all park - is their lot open that day for us all to park at?) and then walk back to Cherner Classic Cars to check them out, & finally strolling over to a restaurant in the area by the water. Any ideas on which restaurant to try? Or perhaps we could just decide that day when we arrive... Nothing like a little spontaneity.

John H - glad to hear you will be able to make at least part of the day! Our trip to France was great by the way. Spotted tons of cool Porsches, and many, many Ferraris and other exotics in Monaco.

Pete in DC - hope to see you there too! I owe you a drink!!!

Steve
Old 10-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Since it's pretty quite on the Philly front (besides the usual local PCA stuff), I might make the trek out to Annapolis. Lovely downtown and always good to put a face to the name. The only fact that might be against me would be any last minute plans and the weather since it'll be a 2hr drive for me. Can't let the BAR guys have all the fun.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Cool, Rezal! We'd love to meet you.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm in

There is fairly large parking garage right of off Main St. in downtown Annapolis. Shouldn't be a problem to put 20 P-cars in there on what will likely be a cold day.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks Chuck 911E - Great suggestion. This day really seems to be shaping up. Unless anyone disagrees with this plan, we could leave the Rockville MD Starbucks around 10:45-10:50am, drive to Annapolis, park in the parking lot at Carol's Creek Cafe (where they validate for 2 hours and have a fantastic Sunday buffet breakfast -$18.95 for adults, half price for kids under 10,
http://www.carrolscreek.com/
check out the cars at Cherner Classic cars for 30 minutes (it's only a 2 minute walk from Carol's Creek Cafe) from around 12pm-12:30pm, and then eat brunch at 12:30pm. Those of you coming from Philly or other surrounds, could just meet us at Cherner Classics around 12pm OR at the restaurant at 12:30pm.

I called and made a reservation for 10 people. Do you think there will be more?

Directions to Carol's Creek Cafe are as follows: DIRECTIONS FROM WASHINGTON, D.C.
Take Route 50 East to Exit 24, Rowe Boulevard. After the second light at Taylor Avenue follow Rowe Boulevard as it curves to the right and ahead to Church Circle. At the circle, stay to the right and make a hard right just before The Maryland Inn onto Duke of Gloucester Street. Go straight to the end of Duke of Gloucester, passing the brick St. Mary's Church, location of John Carroll's historic home. Go right and proceed over the Spa Creek Bridge. After the bridge take a left at the light onto Severn Avenue. Continue driving a block and a half down Severn Avenue. Carrol's Creek is in the grey marina complex with the bright red railings; the entrance is in the middle of the block on the left. Turn left into the gated complex. Parking is always plentiful and free!

DIRECTIONS FROM BALTIMORE, MD
Take 97 South to 50 East. Then follow the above directions. Or, if you are heading South on Route 2, follow signs for Route 50 West. Get off at Exit 24A, Rowe Boulevard, and then follow directions above.

Steve
Old 10-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok, if we are going to have reservations, i think it might be a good idea to make a count of who is really willing to come out that day. Just in case we need more.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Tell the manager of the restaurant, Rich McClure, that you're coming. He is a PCA member and an avid fan. He's hosted many PCA meetings there.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks Manny - I just contacted Carol's Creek Waterfront Restaurant again and let them know that we're Porsche folk! It's great that when you make a plan with Rennlist members, it only needs to be a skeleton of a plan. The holes and question marks are always filled in like bondo from other savvy, knowledgeable Rennlisters. This day is turning out to be better than I originally expected. Hope the weather cooperates. Nothing like a beautiful fall drive out to Annapolis, AFTER the tourist season.

Steve
Old 10-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Lawn Gnome
Racer

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I just found the thread. I will most likely be able to go on the 9th, but I have to talk to my dad to make sure it won't interfere with baseball. I'm sure it won't be a problem and I should know for sure in about a week.

Anthony
Old 10-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Anthony:
16 years old and driving a Porsche 944? You rock! I look forward to meeting you if you are able to make the meet and drive.

I remember when I worked for an auto leasing company 18 years ago and got to deliver cars to the clients. One day I worked a deal on a Guards Red/Black leather 944 for a guy, and I got to pick it up and deliver it to him. I was in heaven. It was the hottest car I had ever driven to date. I was so jealous of that guy after he took off with his newly leased car.

Steve
Old 10-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Lawn Gnome
Racer

I just got my 944 about 2 months ago and I am very happy with it. I haven't done much work on it except replacing the valence on the front since the old one was broken and looked bad. Besides that I have had no problems with the car at all.

Steve working for that auto leasing company and driving new Porsches sounds cool. I bet that was a fun job.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Par911
Advanced

I should be free for the 9th, I look forward to meeting fellow Rennlister's. Tony, it'll be great to finally see your 944 out on the road. Hopefully we won't have to worry about cops looking for LED's on your 944. Let me know if you want to meet up before the run.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Lawn Gnome
Racer

When you said Tony were you talking to me? What LED's are you talking about? I'd like to meet up before the run.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Par911
Advanced

Nope, I was talking to (Tony)Blue S2, it seems the cops aren't very accepting of a SUV with LED lights on the hood. Or it could have been racial,Tony.
Lawn Gnome, I would love to meet up before the run, PM me and we can set up a time and location.

Last edited by Par911; 10-27-2003 at 11:50 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Proposed DC Metro Area "Meet and Drive" to Annapolis - Sun. 11/9