Notices

Washington Metro Area Dealers To Buy From

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 05:34 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Washington Metro Area Dealers To Buy From

I'm looking at ordering a couple new porsche's and starting a relationship with a Porsche Dealer in the area. I have a 15 gt3 that I found in Omaha and bought my turbo s used from a friend. Wanted to start a relationship with a porsche dealer in the area but willing to travel to DE, NJ, PA and surrounding area's. I want a dealer that will order me a car at msrp (amazing how difficult that is). I already have 2 on my **** list that won't sell for msrp, even if I place deposit and order
1. Porsche of Arlington-GM is a scumbag
2. Euroclassics Porsche
Old 03-15-2016, 11:39 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Funny enough I feel the same way, I have 3 P cars all from different dealers. Problem is these days unless you are flipping cars every 3-6 months I don't know that buying 3 P Cars even gets you any status with these guys.

I haven't dealt with your two, but I did deal with Tysons and now Porsche of Rockville.

So funny enough the only reason I bought at Tysons is because a GM and I became friends. We didn't do a deal together for 1 year but eventually did a deal I bought my Macan Turbo from him. He's now the GM at Rockville.

They are a small dealership that doesn't get many allocations but at least I have a personal relationship. Otherwise all the P dealers don't value the relationship or it takes so many cars to get you there its not really worth it.

There is a guy at Porsche of Towson that seems pretty good. He does value standard car purchases as a first step towards building a relationship..dont know how many cars it takes though..

Jeff
Old 03-16-2016, 09:54 AM
carz80am
Pro

Yeah, it amazes me how they just don't care about building a relationship. The gm of Arlington went out of his way to screw me and this was while my gt3 was in service there. The guys at Tysons seem to be pretty good but they have a lot of good/long customers so I'll be on the bottom of the list. Same thing with Porsche of the Main line.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:54 AM
infinitybreaker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I deal with Rockville only, got two cars from them.

GM there is a great guy and I highly recommend him.

I have also heard a lot of not so nice experiences wrt Arlington.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:30 AM
carz80am
Pro

Originally Posted by infinitybreaker
I deal with Rockville only, got two cars from them.

GM there is a great guy and I highly recommend him.

I have also heard a lot of not so nice experiences wrt Arlington.
Thanks, I'll reach out to them.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am
I'm looking at ordering a couple new porsche's and starting a relationship with a Porsche Dealer in the area. I have a 15 gt3 that I found in Omaha and bought my turbo s used from a friend. Wanted to start a relationship with a porsche dealer in the area but willing to travel to DE, NJ, PA and surrounding area's. I want a dealer that will order me a car at msrp (amazing how difficult that is). I already have 2 on my **** list that won't sell for msrp, even if I place deposit and order
1. Porsche of Arlington-GM is a scumbag
2. Euroclassics Porsche
I was also working with Rockville on a car in January and due to a delay on my part the car was sold. The salesman was Kevin Gallagher, he was a great communicator and had excellent follow up. I recommend you give Kevin a call.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:30 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

The only problem with Rockville is that they aren't high volume, I'm guessing they are the lowest in the area so the amount of GT or special allocations they get is pretty minimal.

If the line gets past 3 or 4 thats probably tops...

Jeff
Old 03-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
The only problem with Rockville is that they aren't high volume, I'm guessing they are the lowest in the area so the amount of GT or special allocations they get is pretty minimal.

Jeff
I'm not sure how Porsche allocation process works but their parent company (Sonic) owns several Porsche stores in different states. This may or may not impact their availability,
Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM
carz80am
Pro

Originally Posted by jlee504

Jeff
Yeah, your right about this. I talked to them yesterday and they aren't taking any more people on lists because they have too many and don't want to take deposits for cars they probably won't be able to deliver....
Old 04-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Skated23
2nd Gear

I have a relationship with Leith Porsche in Cary, NC. Easy 40 min flight down, salesman picks me up, in and out of dealership in 40 mins, and a glorious 4 hour drive back to DC. Alternatively, they ship the car to me. PM me if you want the name of my guy.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:57 PM
carz80am
Pro

I can't seem to pm you, maybe you don't have enough posts? Are they a fairly large dealership?
Old 04-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Skated23
2nd Gear

Yep, larger than the three in DC. Leith is a former Ford guy and along with his son and Daughter, own 48 dealerships now. I definitely got a family feel, and they had some amazing cars.

Quick Reply: Washington Metro Area Dealers To Buy From