Notices

URGENT Help Needed:

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 06:42 PM
thin_concrete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default URGENT Help Needed:

Hi all - I'm in Erie, PA and blew out the tires on my 2003 911 C4S and need two rear tires (295/30/18) ASAP so I can get home to Boston. If anyone has two tires or rims for sale, please PM me so I can get home.

Thanks in advance,

thin_concrete
Old 05-12-2015, 03:24 PM
thin_concrete
Pro

Hi all - I wanted to take a moment to thank Charlie at Rennlist in Erie, PA for being an absolute savior!

Shortly after posting my OP, I googled for local indy Porsche mechanics and found Rennsport. Within moments of lobbing a frantic VM and equally desperate email, Charlie called me back and thought he had a set of used tires that could get me back on my way.

Saturday evening, he called and confirmed that my car was at his shop, he had the keys, and he had located not one, but two sets of tires that could be used. He wanted to research both sets just to make sure I would be able to get back home.

Moreso than just going to the shop, Charlie started pinging his network trying to find someone that would be able to swap tires so I could head out on Sunday morning. Those efforts continued through Sunday morning when we both realized that with the Mother's Day holiday, and just general Sunday-ness, I would be spending another night in Erie.

Monday morning rolled around, and Charlie had already dropped off my wheels and the replacement tires at the shop he uses for wide wheels/low profile installation. By noon, I was at Charlie's shop, and by 1PM, I was on my way home.

Charlie didn't even charge me for the used set of tires, and he took time to look over the car - fluids, lights, etc., before he sent me on my way. He singly restored my faith in humanity for how far he went out of his way.

If anyone in the Erie area needs work done on any of their Porsches (or other German marques), please reach out to Charlie at Rennsport. I firmly believe you will have the same experience I did - blown away by his professionalism and courtesy. The cars at his shop are a testament to his technical ability as well, whether rebuilding a 930 engine/transmission, working with a 912e, etc.

Charlie - thanks again for all of your help this past weekend. I will definitely reach out to you when it's time to buy my unicorn 964 or 930.

Regards,

thin_concrete
Old 05-27-2015, 09:48 PM
dinkman
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

gotta love a good story, good people deserve the free marketing.
glad you got home OK
Old 07-21-2015, 02:03 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default c4s

Looking at a few c4s 996 cars FS and saw the thread on the car you bought and see in the PPI it was noted rear tires need attention then after you get the car on way home both tires blow out???? looks like you found some great help and made it back...

How do you like the c4s, what you expected?

Originally Posted by thin_concrete
Hi all - I'm in Erie, PA and blew out the tires on my 2003 911 C4S and need two rear tires (295/30/18) ASAP so I can get home to Boston. If anyone has two tires or rims for sale, please PM me so I can get home.

Thanks in advance,

thin_concrete
Old 07-22-2015, 03:02 PM
thin_concrete
Pro

Hi mickfluff - yes, I took a gamble knowing the tires were in need of replacing. I looked at the tires before setting out on a cross country drive and thought I could make it if they were properly inflated the whole way through. In retrospect, a bad decision, but also a learning experience.

With respect to the car itself, it's been a dream. I love everything about and am happy I went this route over a NB or Turbo car, though a Turbo will be a consideration if and when I decide to part with this car. Reality is, having an open and honest seller that could support his claims with documentation made it much easier to carry this out. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Quick Reply: URGENT Help Needed: