Notices

Rockville Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:30 PM
2FAST455
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockville Porsche

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on Rockville Porsche or their lexus store?

Last edited by 2FAST455; 12-23-2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-24-2014, 01:30 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2FAST455
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on Rockville Porsche or their lexus store?
They are good. My family has gotten 2 cars from them this year and I just got my 2012 turbo s from them.

Some people hate them though. But my experiences are good. Though when I go to sales I go straight to the head manager of the whole dealer. I don't deal with the sales people since the only competent one moved out to financing. They also have a good service guy there. Any stupid crazy issue wrong with any of these cars, he fixes. Very important to have a mechanic you can trust.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:02 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

Funny, Rockville Porsche is the closest dealer to me but I've never bought a car from them.

personally, I'm not fond of their service they don't treat prospective clients well. i had to put a deposit down on a GT3 allocation to actually get their attention otherwise they treated me like I was lucky to buy a car from them.

but they had the only "supposed" allocation a few weeks ago and then after the deposit they couldn't actually secure it so it fell apart.

generally their inventory isn't great either.

i'm not sure i've had a great experience at any dealer in particular, its all about finding the right salesperson.. i got to know a sales manager at Porsche of Tysons and bought a Macan Turbo from him but now hes at Rockville Audi.

I also usually do it through the internet, I find those sales people way more motivated and interested. strangely, I walk into dealerships and most don't think I can afford my Macan, TTS and GT3...oh well

Jeff
Old 12-24-2014, 02:34 PM
2FAST455
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I am getting the same feeling how they treat prospective clients. It's like they are doing me a favor by taking my money. Their lexus store seems even worse on the 09 997 they are selling.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:57 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Funny, Rockville Porsche is the closest dealer to me but I've never bought a car from them.

personally, I'm not fond of their service they don't treat prospective clients well. i had to put a deposit down on a GT3 allocation to actually get their attention otherwise they treated me like I was lucky to buy a car from them.

but they had the only "supposed" allocation a few weeks ago and then after the deposit they couldn't actually secure it so it fell apart.

generally their inventory isn't great either.

i'm not sure i've had a great experience at any dealer in particular, its all about finding the right salesperson.. i got to know a sales manager at Porsche of Tysons and bought a Macan Turbo from him but now hes at Rockville Audi.

I also usually do it through the internet, I find those sales people way more motivated and interested. strangely, I walk into dealerships and most don't think I can afford my Macan, TTS and GT3...oh well

Jeff
I can believe this

Originally Posted by 2FAST455
Thanks. I am getting the same feeling how they treat prospective clients. It's like they are doing me a favor by taking my money. Their lexus store seems even worse on the 09 997 they are selling.
I have no experience with the lexus store. They have porsche and audi. The audi side forget, they all suck. The porsche side they are better. Just talk to Peter. Anytime I walk into any dealership (because they all suck if you ask me) I go straight to the managers. I don't waste my time with the sales people because at the end of the day they aren't authorized to cut you the deals. Plus they give you a lot of sales talk bs that I honestly don't have patience to hear/deal with. But their service while slow, really does get the job done.

They have a mechanic Earl who really is very competent when it comes to Porsches. It's hard for a mechanic to earn my trust. They once had another mechanic go for a ride with me to diagnosis a noise, he sucked, he was deaf and couldn't hear it.

But Earl in 2 seconds knew what was going on. Also that other mechanic nearly crashed my car. I told the service manager don't ever let that guy touch my car again or anyone else besides Earl.

At the end of the day they aren't really dependent on prospective clients. They have a lot of crazy people (the guy who owned my car previous was one of them) with a ton of money, whom buys lots of cars from them, sell them and then buy another. They never really have issues selling their allocations. So if your new to them and have no loyalty, they won't give you a good deal or care. But through them I get better deals than most anyone on this forum.

To put things in perspective, they have one guy who buys a new car every 6 months. 911/cayman during summer, cayenne/panamera for winter. The previous owner of my car bought 2 2012 turbo S and a cayenne turbo S to match the spec of his turbo s that I have now. This car had 800 miles on it when it came in.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:41 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never purchased from Rockville but have purchased a new Macan S and GT3 from Silver Spring and am happy with their service. I've always worked with Casey Parkin and he's a no BS person, which I like.

Quick Reply: Rockville Porsche