Notices

Asheville tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2024, 05:06 PM
joe.giuliano@giuliano.com
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Asheville tires

Wife's Macan needs new shoes. We just moved her car to AVL and need a good tire shop. Any recommendations?

I did a search for Asheville tires and received no hits.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:57 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 943 Likes on 508 Posts

1) I'm not sure if universal, but my P dealer sources their tires from Tire Rack and matches their prices. Mounting costs slightly more, but not insane like their mechanical service pricing. Can't hurt to call your local dealer.

2) Not specifically local but I've had good luck with Tire Rack's mobile installation. They come to your location. I'm on a first name basis with the installers since they're at my house every month during track season.
They do a good job and you can't beat convenience, selection, price, etc. I've also used the free replacement warranty program and gotten a refund when I picked up a non-track related nail.

3) Costco surprisingly good also in terms of price, selection, warranty and quality of work. I've used them for our non-Porsche SUV.

I know we all tend to get foo-foo and want dealers or specialty shops for our Porsches, but there's nothing proprietary about mounting tires. Many 'civilian' places do a good job.

Last edited by ldamelio; 07-11-2024 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2024, 08:23 AM
Track Day

[QUOTE=ldamelio;19540787]1) I'm not sure if universal, but my P dealer sources their tires from Tire Rack and matches their prices. Mounting costs slightly more, but not insane like their mechanical service pricing. Can't hurt to call your local dealer.

2) Not specifically local but I've had good luck with Tire Rack's mobile installation. They come to your location. I'm on a first name basis with the installers since they're at my house every month during track season.
They do a good job and you can't beat convenience, selection, price, etc. I've also used the free replacement warranty program and gotten a refund when I picked up a non-track related nail.

3) Costco surprisingly good also in terms of price, selection, warranty and quality of work. I've used them for our non-Porsche SUV.

I know we all tend to get foo-foo and want dealers or specialty shops for our Porsches, but there's nothing proprietary about mounting tires. Many 'civilian' places do a good job.[/QUOTEI agree. I ended up at Discount Tires and bought Michelin Pilots. They price match. Will pay $89 more for alignment.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
scr1244
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 268 Posts

Asheville has a Discount Tire. They are usually great. They will usually beat anyone's deal if you ask.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Track Day

Originally Posted by scr1244
Asheville has a Discount Tire. They are usually great. They will usually beat anyone's deal if you ask.
It is where I have an appt next Wednesday. Michigan pilots.

Quick Reply: Asheville tires