Notices

PPI Nassau County NY area (Long Island)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 10:39 AM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default PPI Nassau County NY area (Long Island)

I am looking at a 2014 GTS in Nassau County (Bellmore, NY) and want to have a PPI done on the car. I searched and saw South Shore Performance was recommended...any others in the area? Someone also recommended Lemon Squad to me, but I have seen mixed reviews...so any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-30-2024, 08:18 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Use South Shore. Owner is very active in PCA. You can also use TKX Performance. Owner is a great guy. But that shop is on the north shore.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:51 AM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Use South Shore. Owner is very active in PCA. You can also use TKX Performance. Owner is a great guy. But that shop is on the north shore.
Thanks Adam. I talked to Bill yesterday and was planning on having the car taken there. I talked to the owner of the GTS and he said South Shore was in a bad area and he would not leave/take his car there...so not sure what to do at this point. So maybe I will talk to TKX next week.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:49 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Yes, but he does a ton of high end cars and race cars. I wouldn't worry about it. TKX is marginally better neighborhood, same concerns and same feeling about trusting them. I don't think anyone messes with their stuff. Maybe they pay protection money 🤑
Old 04-02-2024, 04:40 PM
PrfZundapp
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

My car is with Bill at South Shore right now it will be fine. Lynmore is another one
The following users liked this post:
roll_the_dice (04-02-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 04:53 PM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, the seller was not interested in taking it to either South Shore or TKX, so I am passing at the moment. He didn't understand why South Shore was going to take 3.5-4 hours to do a PPI and he said TKX was too far to drive. I think it was approximately 15-20 miles away from him. His car his choice...my money my choice also. I am still on the hunt for a 2014-2015 4, 4S or GTS. Prefer the 4S or GTS though...in Carmine Red or Saphire Blue, will consider black with the right specs.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:41 PM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If seller not willing to have PPI done walk away, like you did.

The following users liked this post:
roll_the_dice (05-24-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 08:52 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepJLU2020
If seller not willing to have PPI done walk away, like you did.
I would like to clear this up. I was the former owner of this car. I NEVER said I wouldn't have a PPI done. I was more then willing to have one done. Originally The PPI was supposed to be done at my house by one of those PPI Services. I guess the buyer didn't feel it was going to be a deep enough PPI. Not Sure... He wanted to take it to a place in Freeport. I do Business in Freeport frequently, it's not a good area where the shop is. I am no way going to leave my car there for 3.5 hours. I'm not going to wait around for 3.5 hours either. I don't have the time... The potential buyer then wanted me to take it to the shop in Huntington Station. That's not around the corner for me. Maybe it's not far for most people but it's far for me. I wasn't getting anything out of this by making the trip I really didn't want to make. The car was a garage queen. It was stunning, it ran perfect. I was no way afraid of a PPI, it would have passed with Flying colors... But I'm certainly not going to bend over backwards for anyone. I had zero deposit, and this was supposed to had been a "quick sale" That would have been done within a week. It was over a week at that moment. I wasn't going to be compensated for this time. And I know most people will say you get compensated by selling the car. No, I had other buyers interested, mostly dealers but they were interested and they went on my terms.
I also wanted to point out I, didn't need to sell the car. It was taking up space, I was watching the value dropping each month, I wasn't going to hold out any longer for a car I really didn't drive at all... I also wanted to put in for an allocation for a 992.

I would have been more then happy to take the car to a Porsche dealer to have the PPI done... There wasn't anything to hide, it was perfect.

The car had been sold to a dealer who was more then happy with it.
I wish @roll_the_dice best of luck on his search, he was very nice to deal with. We just didn't see eye to eye business wise. And that's fine.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:30 PM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Thought South Shore was, South Shore Porsche dealer.
Old 05-28-2024, 10:49 PM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Interesting...I tried to buy the above car, but was not going to do a PPI from a company that I didn't trust. A garage queen doesn't have 84k miles on it...no matter how much you babied it. It was a nice car, I would have purchased if we would have had the PPI done by one of the two companies I wanted it done by. Had cash in hand. Glad you sold it, but wish you hadn't have sold it to a dealer for way less than you wanted.

Either way, I am good. I bought a 2015 CPO Panamera.
Old 05-29-2024, 12:20 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JeepJLU2020
Thought South Shore was, South Shore Porsche dealer.
No, South Shore Performance is an independent shop, Vs south Shore Porsche who I do actually do use from time to time
Old 05-29-2024, 12:27 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roll_the_dice
Interesting...I tried to buy the above car, but was not going to do a PPI from a company that I didn't trust. A garage queen doesn't have 84k miles on it...no matter how much you babied it. It was a nice car, I would have purchased if we would have had the PPI done by one of the two companies I wanted it done by. Had cash in hand. Glad you sold it, but wish you hadn't have sold it to a dealer for way less than you wanted.

Either way, I am good. I bought a 2015 CPO Panamera.
I’m not sure you can really comment on that as you never saw the car. It was 100% a garage queen. I looked high and low for over a year, 84k over 10 years is 8,400 miles a year. The car had been fully paint corrected and ceramic coated by the previous owner.. As I said previously if I had, had a deposit of some sort this may have been a different story. I didn’t need to jump through hoops to sell it. It sold itself. Some people don’t feel safe buying a 10 year old Porsche with no warranty, and that’s completely understandable. It’s not for everyone. Did I take a little less? Yes, but you I’d never let anything go for what I didn’t feel was acceptable .
congrats on your purchase, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Quick Reply: PPI Nassau County NY area (Long Island)