Notices

Where to list my 2018 Macan to avoid tire kickers? (NYC)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 02:43 PM
tsamb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where to list my 2018 Macan to avoid tire kickers? (NYC)

I'm based in NYC (Brooklyn).

My 2018 Macan is on the market and listed on the Rennlist marketplace here.

I want to avoid tire kickers, so I'm not that keen to post the listing on places like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.

Do people have recommendations of good places to cross post the listing?

Are my concerns about posting on FB Marketplace and Craiglist valid?
Old 12-08-2022, 01:02 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 234 Posts

Yes, I think your concerns are valid but it's also where you'll get the biggest exposure. I've sold 3 cars on FB in recent years and it was painfully obvious from messages who is a serious buyer and who is not. Sorting through the messages is fairly easy and not that time consuming. Anyone making offers over FB messenger without looking at the car can be totally discarded. The ones who want to meet and look at the car are who you are after. Just meet at a safe place (I use a shopping center with a TD Bank in it for easy deposits if the sale goes through quickly) and bring a friend. I've either been really lucky or it's just not as difficult as people make it out to be. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2022, 07:03 PM
tsamb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC48
Yes, I think your concerns are valid but it's also where you'll get the biggest exposure. I've sold 3 cars on FB in recent years and it was painfully obvious from messages who is a serious buyer and who is not. Sorting through the messages is fairly easy and not that time consuming. Anyone making offers over FB messenger without looking at the car can be totally discarded. The ones who want to meet and look at the car are who you are after. Just meet at a safe place (I use a shopping center with a TD Bank in it for easy deposits if the sale goes through quickly) and bring a friend. I've either been really lucky or it's just not as difficult as people make it out to be. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to continue with a couple of narrower channels this weekend to see if there's any interest (Rennlist, connections in the car community etc). If I come up empty, then bite the bullet and list on FB next week.
The following users liked this post:
DSC48 (12-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Where to list my 2018 Macan to avoid tire kickers? (NYC)