Notices

Plug for Excellent DMV shop: Taylor Chapman Auto Werks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 09:54 AM
DDR MFS
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Plug for Excellent DMV shop: Taylor Chapman Auto Werks

Just highlighting the wonderful experience I had at Taylor Chapman for my first service for my 2004 C4S. They are a small indy shop located in Chantilly, VA.

Given the volume of requests for indy shop recommendations, I am providing a first hand recommendation for anyone in the DMV area with a 997 and earlier.

After getting a clean bill of health for the car's first oil/cabin filter service under my ownership, Taylor and Jeff highlighted some areas I asked to be reviewed, namely the suspension (stock but getting "there") and brakes (recently done and very noisy, but Porsche...). I received a thorough e-mail documenting everything prior to picking up the car which included pictures.

Upon getting to the shop to get the car, I got a full walk-though with Jeff and Taylor while the car was up on the lift, and received frank advice and evaluations (and luckily good news) regarding the next major maintenance items. This is my second Porsche, second M96 powered car, and not only did I learn a ton, but received solid feedback on maintaining what is almost a 20 year old, higher mileage car. The car is getting some body work touch-ups in the next month, and they volunteered to ferry the car to the second shop after they perform the required maintenance; couldn't be easier.

Highly recommend them not only for the work and care, but for the their sheer love of all things 911. I am set for life and encourage anyone in the area with a 997 and earlier to give them a go.

https://chapmanautowerks.com/
The following 2 users liked this post by DDR MFS:
DarienA (09-24-2022), wdb (09-30-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 11:19 PM
e90steve
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Funny enough when I purchased my 996 Anniversary Edition over 4 years ago, Taylor at Chapman did my PPI. I live in Atlanta, so he actually saw the car, and worked on the car well before I even took delivery on it here.

Taylor is a stand up guy and I'm extremely grateful for everything he did for me during that PPI and then post PPI repair process. He ended up installing IMS/RMS/Clutch etc. for me before putting it on a trailer and shipping it down here to me.

I also recommend his shop, one day I'll have to drive up the coast for the tour!

Quick Reply: Plug for Excellent DMV shop: Taylor Chapman Auto Werks