MD - Convertible top replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 11:26 PM
luisrh01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MD - Convertible top replacement

Hi

I am looking for recommendations if shops to do a 996 Cab top replacement.

Located in Southern Maryland (Leonardtown) but will drive for the right shop.

thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-2022, 12:55 AM
jmaisch
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'm looking for the same thing. Couple of quotes Ive gotten range from 2-2500.00
THat just seems way to high to me. Anyway, a long drive would be worth it, so I'm looking 2-300 miles radius of Wash DC.
Pls let me know if you come up with anything. I;ll do the same.

-Jason
571-278-4328

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2022, 05:42 AM
luisrh01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, that’s exactly what I found from reputable shops. I have scheduled a full replacement for 2800. One thing to consider is materials for the GAHH top with glass is already 1700…
thanks!

Originally Posted by jmaisch
Hey I'm looking for the same thing. Couple of quotes Ive gotten range from 2-2500.00
THat just seems way to high to me. Anyway, a long drive would be worth it, so I'm looking 2-300 miles radius of Wash DC.
Pls let me know if you come up with anything. I;ll do the same.

-Jason
571-278-4328

Good luck!
Old 11-17-2022, 01:57 AM
jmaisch
Track Day

Originally Posted by luisrh01
Hi, that’s exactly what I found from reputable shops. I have scheduled a full replacement for 2800. One thing to consider is materials for the GAHH top with glass is already 1700…
thanks!
I believe there are lower tier options available (still made my Haartz) for much less - like in the 7-$800 range. I recall posts where owners have had their tops replaced for roughly $1500, which is something I could justify to my badly neglected FJ Cruiser. Problem is, those posts are years old, and in many cases - the other side of the country. Yet an other reason that I am living on the wrong coast. I fear a very real possibility that my soft top will seeing a redneck makeover (duct tape on the rear window) before too long.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:04 AM
jmaisch
Track Day

Originally Posted by jmaisch
I believe there are lower tier options available (still made my Haartz) for much less - like in the 7-$800 range. I recall posts where owners have had their tops replaced for roughly $1500, which is something I could justify to my badly neglected FJ Cruiser. Problem is, those posts are years old, and in many cases - the other side of the country. Yet an other reason that I am living on the wrong coast. I fear a very real possibility that my soft top will seeing a redneck makeover (duct tape on the rear window) before too long.
Really wishing I still had access to that hard top about now. (I don't see an icon to place for kicking my own ***)
The following users liked this post:
luisrh01 (11-17-2022)

Quick Reply: MD - Convertible top replacement