Mainline Motorsports - Exton PA

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 12:56 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 469 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Mainline Motorsports - Exton PA

Hi all,
I wanted to give a shoutout to Eric Magnussen at Mainline Motorsports.
https://www.mainlinemotorsport.com/

He just finished up a host of upgrades to my 991.2 and am extremely happy with the results/interaction with him.
For those of you who don't know Eric, he worked as a Porsche Tech for over 10 years at Porsche of the Mainline. He ventured out on his own and is well known with the 964 and 993 guys.
He also happens to be a bit of a hot shoe when it comes to racing:
https://nasaspeed.news/columns/membe...ric-magnussen/
Yes, he's "that" Eric Magnussen that you read about in Car & Driver Lightning Lap this year.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-results-2022/

I had been put in touch with Eric when I asked P of Mainline if they would install some upgrades to my car. They said they don't do that anymore, but Eric would be a great choice.
I contacted him through email and he was quick to respond and gave details of what would be needed (I was supplying the parts). He is literally a one-man show. It's just Eric and that's it. He does everything himself.

The upgrades I had done were the following:
Tial IC
Tial inlet tubes
Tial turbo inlet elbow
Tial hoses
Tial intake plenum
APR diverter valves
Porsche third radiator
Removal of radiator slats
Install custom Soul exhaust tips
Seatbelt installation
DSC Module - programming as well

I had worked it out with Eric that he would work on the car while I was on vacation in Montana (yes, it was epic). He had a race to attend that weekend, but the car would be in the garage (oh, he broke the lap record at Lime Rock that weekend - 54.1 seconds).
Everything went smoothly. Eric had to massage the shields for the much larger ICs, which is something we already knew based on other installation reviews. He also worked very hard to get the cooling system fully bled.

The car came back perfect with everything working as it should. I just need to decide which tune to go with. My car is now setup to handle the additional heat
Driving the car afterwards is of course not mind bending in terms of performance since I haven't done the tune yet. I will say that the APR diverter valves make a wonderful "whoosh" sound when letting off the throttle! Old school turbo noises are present and accounted for and I'm loving it! My 10 year old daughter asked me what that sound was. She liked it a lot too.
I will definitely say that the DSC module made a huge difference in the ride quality. I have the Bilstein B16 and had them on for quite a while without the DSC. I could barely drive the car in Sport + mode with the shocks set to sport. It was just rock hard and didn't feel planted. It was better in touring or standard mode. Now, I can use Sport + with the shocks in their stiffer mode on the street and it reacts beautifully! I did the R file from DSC. What a difference it made. The touring or standard mode is more compliant as well. One of the best upgrades you can make to the car.

Eric said that he's seeing more late model cars come his way as they're rolling out of warranty. I wanted to let everyone know that Eric knows what he's doing and is great to work with.
Some eye candy to accompany the story.
They are the stock 991.2 belts. I just did the fronts.
I had Soul do a custom script on the tips. I think they turned out perfectly! They say: Actung Heiß
, which translates to Warning Hot.

The following users liked this post:
wdb (07-23-2022)
Old 01-07-2023, 11:15 AM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 131 Posts

Thanks for posting this review. I've been looking to get a set of MCS 2W Remote Canister coilovers for my 718 GT4. I've been doing a lot of research on local shops, and it seems like Mainline Motorsports may be my best bet. I'm going to reach out to Eric and book the install.

Last edited by chriswd62; 01-07-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Mainline Motorsports - Exton PA