Notices

NH State Inspection Place

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 01:10 AM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts
Default NH State Inspection Place

Can someone recommend a reasonable place for NH state inspection? Nashua area. PMs very welcome.

My cars are 100%, I don't want any bull**** to be pulled on me (like windshield wipers or something). Quick in and out. I have 7 cars. I don't want wasting time dealing with nonsense....

I also got doctor's note for tint waiver. I have on a couple of cars. The tint is ~30%, so just below 35% allowed with NH waiver. I'd like to find a shop that won't sweat those 5%.

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2022, 11:42 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 386 Likes on 201 Posts

Try Zak’s Auto in Hudson, NH
Old 02-25-2022, 01:28 PM
tv90C4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manchester Area

Originally Posted by unclemat
Can someone recommend a reasonable place for NH state inspection? Nashua area. PMs very welcome.

My cars are 100%, I don't want any bull**** to be pulled on me (like windshield wipers or something). Quick in and out. I have 7 cars. I don't want wasting time dealing with nonsense....

I also got doctor's note for tint waiver. I have on a couple of cars. The tint is ~30%, so just below 35% allowed with NH waiver. I'd like to find a shop that won't sweat those 5%.

Thanks!
I've used Five Star Service (now on West Street - https://5starservicenter.com/) for years - first for my '74 911S and more recently for my '90 C4 Coupe. Rick who is the sole proprietor is no-bs, but is pretty thorough.
Old 02-26-2022, 10:14 AM
Eurotech996TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unclemat

Thanks!
Hi so NH laws just changed. You can now only have 70% tint on your front windows. It dose not matter if you have a doctors note. You need a waiver from the state of NH and that would allow you to have your windshield tinted to 35%. You will have to find a State inspector that dose not care about the law. I’m a NH inspector.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:50 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Eurotech996TT
Hi so NH laws just changed. You can now only have 70% tint on your front windows. It dose not matter if you have a doctors note. You need a waiver from the state of NH and that would allow you to have your windshield tinted to 35%. You will have to find a State inspector that dose not care about the law. I’m a NH inspector.
Uh, really? Indeed, it seems it is the case:

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ed-windows.htm
Windows that are allowed to be tinted without a Waiver? After-market tinting may be applied to the windows to the left and right of the driver, with not less than 70 percent light transmittance, and the rear windows of a vehicle, with not less than 35 percent light transmittance.

Windows that are allowed to be tinted with a Waiver? After-market tinting may be applied to the windshield of a vehicle with not less than 35 percent light transmittance.
This is crazy. Almost sounds like they did it by mistake. What's the point of tinting windshield to 35%, if you cannot do the same to side front windows?

And 70% is pointless, as the factory glass is usually about it.

Quick Reply: NH State Inspection Place