Notices

CarPlay retrofit install in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 07:15 PM
P911T
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CarPlay retrofit install in NYC

Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations on a place to retrofit a CarPlay kit into my 991.1 TT in NYC region.

Include ballpark cost too if possible.

Cheers
Brett
Old 08-16-2020, 08:45 PM
tjg81296
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by P911T
Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations on a place to retrofit a CarPlay kit into my 991.1 TT in NYC region.

Include ballpark cost too if possible.

Cheers
Brett
Hi Brett,

Have any luck getting it installed? Does your car have the Burmeister? I'm going to need to take the leap soon and I live in Chelsea.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-18-2020, 04:14 PM
P911T
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No luck in the NYC area after checking with about 4-5 different audio installers in Manhattan/BK. Yep, I have the Burmeister. Let me know if you find somewhere. I'm a few blocks away in the West Village
Old 08-26-2020, 02:17 PM
curveball
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

No luck in the NYC area after checking with about 4-5 different audio installers in Manhattan/BK. Yep, I have the Burmeister. Let me know if you find somewhere. I'm a few blocks away in the West Village
Did you check New York Sound and Security in Queens? They helped me installed backup cameras for a few cars, I think they can do the carplay retrofit, but not sure how much they charge. If you find a good shop, please let me know, I'm interested to do the same if I get a 911 this year. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:18 PM
nrubenstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say that installing a head unit it a really easy DIY.

It's also really, really, really important that you communicate to the installer that if they cut your factory wiring harness, they die. Stereo installers love to just cut and splice, rather than using adapters as needed.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:26 AM
tjg81296
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts

I installed the NM Automotive kit today in my 2014 C4S. Took approximately 7 hours (including installing a numeric short throw shifter). Have you thought about doing it yourself? I would have used an installer but with no luck finding one it wasn’t so bad as a DIY project. There not much difference between CarPlay in my 2020 Yukon and this. Well worth it imho.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:54 AM
Samuelone5
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend got a CarPlay installed last week, his car is a 2014 boxster. he was going to find a professional installer, somehow the dealer sent him a video and said it is easy...(the dealer's exact words, 'it is a piece of cake') then my friend decided to install it by himself. I went to help, took about 2 hours to get the job done. I have to say it is not as easy as that dealer described, but it is a bit easier than I thought. and now the system works well. Hey Brett, have you found someone to help you? or maybe you should have a try

Quick Reply: CarPlay retrofit install in NYC