Notices

Central PA restoration body shop recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 10:35 PM
bzilla30
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Central PA restoration body shop recommendation?

Hey everyone. I live in central Pennsylvania (Hollidaysburg/Altoona area roughly mid-way between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia... close to State College / Penn State University). I'm restoring a 1995 C2 993 with "L741 Black" paint which is in need of a bumper and hood re-spray due to some serious stone chips. The car also has a door ding and minor hood dent that I'm hoping can be fixed with paintless dent repair, but may require some filling/sanding.

I'm looking for a recommendation on a good body shop that will use the proper paint and ensure a high quality result. I'm not looking for this to be a "show car", but do want to make sure the job is done right and willing to drive and pay for quality. I checked out https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com/ for some Porsche certified repair shops and found x2 in the area:
1) Greater Pittsburgh Collision Works
2) Euro Pros Collision Center
Both are a few hours drive, but I'm willing to make the trip if they are the best option. The Pittsburgh shop looks to be a little more focused on collision repair vs. restoration. Not sure if this makes a big difference.

Does anyone have experience with either of these shops, or can anyone recommend a place that may be closer? Thanks much!

Quick Reply: Central PA restoration body shop recommendation?