Any 996 C4 owners in Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg-area PA? Frunk fit favor

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 10:10 PM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Any 996 C4 owners in Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg-area PA? Frunk fit favor

Good evening all,

Some of you may be familiar with the saga of my 996 C4 with the grenaded-engine. Good news: my 4.0L rebuild with EBS out in Reno is almost complete! That said, I'm hoping I can get your help with a very quick question: is there any chance I can make a very quick, socially-distanced visit to test fit a suitcase in your C4's frunk?

It's an odd request, I know, but the story is that I'm planning to road-trip my car on the very scenic route back from NV because COVID has given me some unexpected time off work and I don't know if my preferred suitcase will fit. I've searched online but I can't find any sites listing the actual dimensions of the C4 frunk. My "work" suitcase just barely fits at an angle in my car (Luggageworks Stealth 22", pictured below), but I'd much rather take my other 22" carry-on for the trip (lighter/better space utilization/etc) and from comparing the two it'd either be a perfect fit for the compartment or wouldn't fit at all. If it helps: the preferred suitcase hasn't been out of my house in months and I'd be happy to spray it down with 70% alcohol as an extra precaution! I wouldn't even need to close the hood: just seeing if it lays flat would provide all the info I need. Thanks!

For those curious: here's the current plan for the route assuming places like the Grand Canyon have started to open by late June. Mainly sightseeing out west and visiting family/friends across the midwest:

Old 06-03-2020, 09:03 PM
gapo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello ! I'm currently camped out in the Reading PA area and have a 996 C4. Would be happy to help !
Old 06-03-2020, 09:44 PM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gapo
Hello ! I'm currently camped out in the Reading PA area and have a 996 C4. Would be happy to help !
Spectacular! I'll PM you. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Any 996 C4 owners in Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg-area PA? Frunk fit favor