Notices

maryland

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 09:43 AM
FormerRotor
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Regarding Spark Plugs: FWIW @matthewr87 : Porsche Silver Spring recently charged $585 for Labor for Spark Plug & Coil Replacement with parts provided by us coming from GetPorscheSilverSpringParts.com ($155.84+Tax for spark plugs, $432.38+Tax for Coils). Pricey but livable. We picked up this CTT as a stop-gap and wanted to be able to show full OEM 90k service being performed in case of resale in the year-or-so ahead (seller had performed oil change pre-sale, but vehicle needed coils, power steering reservoir replacement, etc.). Silver Spring did a fine job with what we asked of them and was comfortable with us buying parts straight from the parts desk in order to keep the costs down. They also diagnosed an additional issue with a very minor power steering leak that was hiding on the cooler lines between the front bumper and the engine bay trim, and it has not returned post-fix. It was a weird one as the reservoir levels would stay on-point, but every few thousand miles there would be a visible drip forming under the front bumper cowling. Kudos to them for resolving.) As with any dealer: be sure to obtain a quote in advance before scheduling.

Regarding driving roads (@Multimodal,@Shogunade,@DarienA,@jlee504): Be sure to check out the Maryland Scenic Byways guide. Lots of nice roads/areas in there to explore. We've found a lot of great driving roads across the country using the National Scenic Byway Registry and the State's individual guides, but--of course--nothing compares to finding those incomparable roads that aren't yet listed. Enjoy your drive!

New Question: Does anyone here have experience with D&V Autobody Masters in Sterling? We usually go to Euro Pros in Gaithersburg, but they're booked through the end of March. According to the Porsche Certified Collision Center Finder, D&V is our next closest bet (and their wait is only until the beginning of February).

PS: Happy New Year, all!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 01-01-2024 at 09:52 AM. Reason: correcting link.
The following users liked this post:
Chadddada (01-21-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 10:40 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

very very helpful post. thank you!

happy new year! lets get some drives in.

Originally Posted by FormerRotor
Regarding Spark Plugs: FWIW @matthewr87 : Porsche Silver Spring recently charged $585 for Labor for Spark Plug & Coil Replacement with parts provided by us coming from GetPorscheSilverSpringParts.com ($155.84+Tax for spark plugs, $432.38+Tax for Coils). Pricey but livable. We picked up this CTT as a stop-gap and wanted to be able to show full OEM 90k service being performed in case of resale in the year-or-so ahead (seller had performed oil change pre-sale, but vehicle needed coils, power steering reservoir replacement, etc.). Silver Spring did a fine job with what we asked of them and was comfortable with us buying parts straight from the parts desk in order to keep the costs down. They also diagnosed an additional issue with a very minor power steering leak that was hiding on the cooler lines between the front bumper and the engine bay trim, and it has not returned post-fix. It was a weird one as the reservoir levels would stay on-point, but every few thousand miles there would be a visible drip forming under the front bumper cowling. Kudos to them for resolving.) As with any dealer: be sure to obtain a quote in advance before scheduling.

Regarding driving roads (@Multimodal,@Shogunade,@DarienA,@jlee504): Be sure to check out the Maryland Scenic Byways guide. Lots of nice roads/areas in there to explore. We've found a lot of great driving roads across the country using the National Scenic Byway Registry and the State's individual guides, but--of course--nothing compares to finding those incomparable roads that aren't yet listed. Enjoy your drive!

New Question: Does anyone here have experience with D&V Autobody Masters in Sterling? We usually go to Euro Pros in Gaithersburg, but they're booked through the end of March. According to the Porsche Certified Collision Center Finder, D&V is our next closest bet (and their wait is only until the beginning of February).

PS: Happy New Year, all!
Old 01-01-2024, 07:14 PM
FormerRotor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlee504
very very helpful post. thank you!

happy new year! lets get some drives in.
Cheers, @jlee504 ! Did I see that you posted a body shop question to the NoVa folks a while ago. Curious: who did you wind up using? Pleased with the experience? I just reached out to D&V today as--as much as I trust EuroPros--3+ months is just too long to keep the better half's car looking less-than-stellar. Fingers crossed & drive on!

If anyone is interested, I've also found similar "off-road" (read "soft road") maps that I think could be fun to check out for those with a bit more ground clearance. Happy to hunt back down & share if I can find them. Best!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 01-01-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 07:32 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

Cheers, @jlee504 ! Did I see that you posted a body shop question to the NoVa folks a while ago. Curious: who did you wind up using? Pleased with the experience? I just reached out to D&V today as--as much as I trust EuroPros--3+ months is just too long to keep the better half's car looking less-than-stellar. Fingers crossed & drive on!

If anyone is interested, I've also found similar "off-road" (read "soft road") maps that I think could be fun to check out for those with a bit more ground clearance. Happy to hunt back down & share if I can find them. Best!
I've never used Euro Pros, I probably should since they are much closer.. I've always used D&V Autobody, the masters shop which does our cars. HOWEVER, I did just use them to get a bumper repainted and I'm debating whether to bring it back and have it redone, a bit more orange peel than I remember on my previous repairs but then again its hard to avoid..

FormerRotor (01-08-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 12:31 AM
AplusTintPPF
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Multimodal
I’m in Annapolis but happy to drive up to Frederick or Harford County, which seem to be the two best places for driving roads in Maryland.
I can attest to northern Harford County back roads! Rock State park and surrounding areas (mainly north, almost into PA) will give you some of the most beautiful scenic views & winding roads around. I just sold my 997.2 GT3 for a 2024 Cayenne (dad mobile for now) - and I enjoy(ed) driving both around rock state park all the time. Definitely a must!

PS If anyones looking for a very reputable PPF shop in Northern MD, we've been around since 2011 and have protected tons of Porsches, GT2RS, GT3rs, tons of regular gt3s and every other model. Check out our google reviews or feel free to swing by our shop anyday M-F 9-5! Thanks everyone.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:58 AM
FormerRotor
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback, @jlee504 ! We’re scheduled for our first ever visit to D&V at the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by AplusTintPPF
PS If anyones looking for a very reputable PPF shop in Northern MD, we've been around since 2011 and have protected tons of Porsches, GT2RS, GT3rs, tons of regular gt3s and every other model. Check out our google reviews or feel free to swing by our shop anyday M-F 9-5! Thanks everyone.
Curious: any experience with Inozetek’s new color change PPF film (wet applied, self-healing, etc)? It’s only available in a few colors, but two are those I’d consider. Could be a nice, more robust, self-healing color change “wrap” option offering better protection for factory paint if it is what it appears to be quality-wise.

Last edited by FormerRotor; 01-08-2024 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:16 PM
Caps!
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Helpful post. Thanks
Old 01-08-2024, 12:17 PM
AplusTintPPF
Former Vendor

Thanks for the feedback, @jlee504 ! We’re scheduled for our first ever visit to D&V at the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Curious: any experience with Inozetek’s new color change PPF film (wet applied, self-healing, etc)? It’s only available in a few colors, but two are those I’d consider. Could be a nice, more robust, self-healing color change “wrap” option offering better protection for factory paint if it is what it appears to be quality-wise.
I have never seen a brand of vinyl fade any quicker than Inozetek unfortunately. We wrapped many cars with Inozetek regular vinyl wrap and every single car faded in about 3-6 months, some even quicker! I will say, if you plan on garage keeping your car, it can last a bit longer. But Inozetek is a covid-company, didn't exist before 2021. Their PPF is even newer, meaning any longevity is unknown at this point in time. We've used their gloss carbon fiber PPF and it holds up nice, but comparing an outside kept daily driver to a garaged weekend car will make a huge difference in how long it lasts. My concern would be, in a year if the film fails, will the installer back up their work or refund your money? It's a grey area for sure, I think you have to dive into colored PPF knowing the long term outcome might not be what you expected, and if it does last, then thats a great win! Flexishield also makes a colored PPF if you're looking at a wider range of colors. Ive used STEK's colored PPF and I really loved using that. I did my Model Y performance in the Nardo Grey and it held up incredible! I would rank color PPF brands from best to worst as following, STEK, Inozetek, Flexisheild.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:31 AM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 168 Posts

A PPF that fades in 3 months is not the worst rated in your experience? Wow!
Old 01-11-2024, 10:17 PM
AplusTintPPF
Former Vendor

Some films, like Flexishield just look bad from day one! It's a wild world out there, so many companies popped up during Covid, trying to reinvent the wheel with PPF and colored PPF - We like using XPEL because it's proven to last without issues.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:57 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,209 Posts

@AplusTintPPF
What are you charging for tint on a 992 cab of the XR Plus? And Xpel PPF? I figure members would appreciate if you can reply here. Thanks.
AplusTintPPF (01-11-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 11:53 PM
AplusTintPPF
Former Vendor

Absolutely, we're actively working on becoming vendors on here to further assist everyone so i'll make a more in depth post regarding all our services when that goes into effect.

Below is the link to our official vendor post! Please contact us through our contact form on our new thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/east-us-rennlist-region/1388015-xpel-ppf-tint-ceramic-coating-in-north-east-maryland.html

We welcome all potential clients to stop by our shop during work hours to check our craftsmanship. Installing PPF & Tint is truly a form of art to make sure you get an install without glue lines, dotting, silvering, bubbles or debris, and having crisp corners and edges for a truly invisible install. Since 2011, we've collected over 500 5-star google reviews, from real folks who love our work! Check our Google reviews here!

Last edited by AplusTintPPF; 01-21-2024 at 01:51 PM.
rr_gts (01-21-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 11:58 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Excellent! Thanks.
AplusTintPPF (01-12-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 08:24 PM
FormerRotor
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the responses, @AplusTintPPF . Very Helpful.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:10 PM
tomekz
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 121 Posts

I had my tint done by @AplusTintPPF about 3 years ago on my Porsche Cayman and absolutely can recommend these guys for great work.

Last edited by tomekz; 01-16-2024 at 10:11 PM.
AplusTintPPF (01-22-2024)

Quick Reply: maryland