Notices

Freed Performance - Indy in ATL - Not recommended

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 12:31 PM
GTSence
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Freed Performance - Indy in ATL - Not recommended

I've taken my 997 to Freed for three service appointments. The last appointment included a routine oil change. I will not return, and will not recommend the shop.

They overfilled the oil. There is plenty of debate on this forum re: whether this can damage the car. Regardless of that debate, the point is simple for me. It shows carelessness in their work. They failed to follow the procedure outlined by Porsche for a simple oil change including the drainage process and recommendation to check the operation of the oil measurement system after the oil change. It causes me to question the quality of any work they conduct, particularly more complex jobs.

The overfill caused my check engine light to display. The fix was to drain off the excess. Though the tech apologized for the mistake, nothing was offered for the inconvenience of returning to their shop or my loss of confidence in their work.

With a Porsche, I expect the work to be precise.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Freed Performance
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPMorey
I've taken my 997 to Freed for three service appointments. The last appointment included a routine oil change. I will not return, and will not recommend the shop.

They overfilled the oil. There is plenty of debate on this forum re: whether this can damage the car. Regardless of that debate, the point is simple for me. It shows carelessness in their work. They failed to follow the procedure outlined by Porsche for a simple oil change including the drainage process and recommendation to check the operation of the oil measurement system after the oil change. It causes me to question the quality of any work they conduct, particularly more complex jobs.

The overfill caused my check engine light to display. The fix was to drain off the excess. Though the tech apologized for the mistake, nothing was offered for the inconvenience of returning to their shop or my loss of confidence in their work.

With a Porsche, I expect the work to be precise.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. If there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate to email or call.

john@freedperformance.com
770-337-2211

Quick Reply: Freed Performance - Indy in ATL - Not recommended