Notices

PPF with Quartz

Old 03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
GLN
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PPF with Quartz

For the people who have PPF like Xpel Ultimate - do you use Ceramic/Quartz on the panels that are not covered with PPF - or is the entire car including the clearbra covered with the Ceramic as well?

Looking to have this done and spoke to a local installer who told me only the panels not covered with XPEL should be covered in ceramic. He said if you coat the xpel, the car won't be able to breathe and in a couple of years the ceramic will start to fall apart and make the car look like crap...

Sounds weird to me as I've never heard of this but have been doing what I thought was a ton of research on the matter.

I have a white C4S, want it properly protected, easy to keep clean - and I do not want it yellowing.

I was thinking of doing full front, full hood, bumper, under sils/rockers, rear fender, and doors.

Considering Detailers Domain, All In the Details, and Detail Doctor (Shrewsbury)...

Any help or experience is appreciated.

Jon
Old 03-08-2018, 01:13 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Whoever you talked to gave you bad information. Work with Phil at detailers domain. You will be in good hands.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

I get partial XPel then the entire car and wheels get the ceramic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PPF with Quartz