Bradan
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Were excited to announce our most recent equipment addition, our CarBench Muraena Jig Bench. Made of German steel and built in Massa Italy, this jig bench allows us to repair exotic vehicles to aircraft precision. Carbench is the only frame jig with OEM approval from Ferrari and Maserati. It also carries other OEM approvals for BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Rolls Royce to name a few.

If you have ever heard that cars are never the same after an accident, that is because other shops are using benches with only 4-10 fixture points. Ours has over 100. That means we can truly restore your vehicle to the same condition it was before collision.

When shopping for Jig benches viewing the factory was very important to me to understand the company, equipment quality, and all machine features. Carbench was the only manufacture that welcomed me with open arms. Every other brand manufactured there jigs in Indian or China. I offered to travel to the factories regardless and was turneddown.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:54 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Car bench writes all the bodywork repair manuals for Ferrari and is the only Jig bench approved by them. They had the F12 superfast in the factory to design all the tooling required to repair it. These are the prototype fixtures.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Each bench starts out as a bar of German steel. This is a cross beam that supports each fixture. Most manufactures use a low quality steel and just drill a hole through the beam and run a nut and bolt setup. Carbench uses the highest quality steel so they are able to thread the actual cross beam without worrying about pulling the threads out.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Each main frame rail is fully welded in a single pass. Every other bench on the market is stitch welded to avoid warping or cracking the low quality steel....

Old 02-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

This is the actual pull post that straightens out accident damage. Every post is made start to finish in the factory and quality tested before shipping.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

This is the actual jig post that takes most of the stress during pulling. Most manufactures bragged how theres is solid steel and how strong it is. The problem is the pulling power of the pull post is stronger then the jig post. So if you bend a post you have no way of knowing so every car after that is pulled to an incorrect tolerance.

Carbench made a cast hollow post that intentionally breaks if the pulling force is exceeded. I love the engineering Carbench puts into every single part of the fixture.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

This is a completed main frame of the jib bench. Lorenzo and his wife own Carbench together and proudly knew every design feature start to finish.

In this photo Lorenzo is showing me that you can see all the machining marks and welds on the finished product. They dip every bench is a Galvanized bath to prevent rusting. Every other manufacture covers there steel in paint to hide all the imperfections.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

This shows the original Ferrari 360 modena front frame structure jigged to the bench. When Ferrari originally built the 360 chassis with Alcoa it was solid Aluminum. Carbench had to reverse engineer the chassis and section is to make it repairable in the future.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Side view.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

This is a completed jig bench in there training center. The cars under the covers are all brand new Ferrari and Lamborghini chassis there teaching OEM repair classes on and writing repair manuals. I got to meet the engineer that writes Ferraris manuals and bring up a few issues I had over the years.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Pisa was near by so I stopped by to visit the leaning tower. It really made my jaw drop when you walk around the city wall and see the tower in the distance. Look at how worn out the marble stairs are. From the top you can see the mountains in the background that they pulled all the absolute white marble from.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

I had to make a pit stop at Ferrari when driving north. Driving on the Autostrada is similar to the autobahn but you have a NYC taxi driver tailgating you beeping and brighting you no matter how fast you drive in a tiny economy car.

This is my 4th time doing the owners tour and it blows my mind every single time. It's has to be on your bucket list if your a Ferrari owner.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Bradan
Former Vendor

Ferrari museum tour
-Enzo Ferraris office
-First Ferrari engine
-"primo Ferrari"
-Wire frame used to beat the 250 GTO panels on.
-Earlier wood styling buck
-LM prototype body
-599/612 wind tunnel scale prototypes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bradan Joins as Rennlist Regional sponsor