Notices

Help Requested: PPI in Wallingford, CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:37 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Requested: PPI in Wallingford, CT

I'm looking at a Porsche in Wallingford, CT from an independent dealer. Someone suggested Rennlist as a place to get some help.

Can anyone recommend the best way to check out a car in a remote city? I've read about the following:

* Paid service that will go check out a car
* Asking the seller to drop the car off at a local mechanic to do an inspection
* Ask a forum member to go check the car out

The car I'm looking at was in an accident and has been repaired. I'm lost on the best way to determine the real impact of the accident and make sure it was repaired correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-28-2018, 12:17 PM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Originally Posted by rdmustang
I'm looking at a Porsche in Wallingford, CT from an independent dealer. Someone suggested Rennlist as a place to get some help.

Can anyone recommend the best way to check out a car in a remote city? I've read about the following:

* Paid service that will go check out a car
* Asking the seller to drop the car off at a local mechanic to do an inspection
* Ask a forum member to go check the car out

The car I'm looking at was in an accident and has been repaired. I'm lost on the best way to determine the real impact of the accident and make sure it was repaired correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated!
If the car you are referring to is being sold by Imports Unlimited you should know they generally only sell salvaged vehicles, usually from flood damage. That being said, if you want a good place to get a PPI I would recommend
http://www.musantemotorsports.com/index.html. They are in South Windsor, about 20 minutes North of Wallingford.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:29 PM
inspectX
Instructor

@rdmustang: We have a great Porsche tech in the greater NYC area who could travel out to the car for a full PPI. Feel free to reach out if we can help. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 10:10 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

You've been given Musante, also consider, Dan Jacobs, (Hairy Dog Grrrage, or Speedsport....(Danbury)

Quick Reply: Help Requested: PPI in Wallingford, CT