Looking for help and advice from Southern New Jersey Rennlisters

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 05:43 PM
850tgul
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 298 Posts
Default Looking for help and advice from Southern New Jersey Rennlisters

Hi All,

Been out of a Porsche for almost a year and looking to get back into one soon.
Contemplating buying a car in Southern NJ (I'm in MA) and since I wouldn't be able to see the car in person prior to purchasing, I was hoping to hedge my bets a bit.

First, I would love folks to recommend a solid Porsche shop in Southern Jersey where I could have a PPI done. Would have to be someone familiar with Porches, Caymans all the better.

Second, before I even get to a PPI I wonder if I could persuade a Rennlister to possibly check the car out in person to vet out whether it is even worth pursuing? Everything looks great from what I can tell but would still prefer to have someone see it in person. I would be looking for someone to provide me with some detail on what they saw (exterior/interior, paintwork, etc.) as well as driving impressions (clutch, suspension, engine, etc.) and maybe even some pics. Would have to know how to drive stick and, preferably, be familiar with Caymans (987 in particular). For your effort I would pay you.

Putting it out there to see if anyone is interested and could help. Thanks
Old 01-22-2018, 06:24 PM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@850tgul: My company, inspectX, contracts with Porsche techs nationwide for on-site PPIs. We have a great Porsche tech in NJ who knows 987 Caymans inside and out - he'd be happy to do a full inspection on the car. Happy to provide more details. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:30 PM
850tgul
Rennlist Member

Received 559 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by inspectX
@850tgul: My company, inspectX, contracts with Porsche techs nationwide for on-site PPIs. We have a great Porsche tech in NJ who knows 987 Caymans inside and out - he'd be happy to do a full inspection on the car. Happy to provide more details. Thanks!
PM'd
Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 850tgul
Hi All,

Been out of a Porsche for almost a year and looking to get back into one soon.
Contemplating buying a car in Southern NJ (I'm in MA) and since I wouldn't be able to see the car in person prior to purchasing, I was hoping to hedge my bets a bit.

First, I would love folks to recommend a solid Porsche shop in Southern Jersey where I could have a PPI done. Would have to be someone familiar with Porches, Caymans all the better.

Second, before I even get to a PPI I wonder if I could persuade a Rennlister to possibly check the car out in person to vet out whether it is even worth pursuing? Everything looks great from what I can tell but would still prefer to have someone see it in person. I would be looking for someone to provide me with some detail on what they saw (exterior/interior, paintwork, etc.) as well as driving impressions (clutch, suspension, engine, etc.) and maybe even some pics. Would have to know how to drive stick and, preferably, be familiar with Caymans (987 in particular). For your effort I would pay you.

Putting it out there to see if anyone is interested and could help. Thanks
Where is the car in NJ exactly?

I'm a long time PCA member in NJ and can look into suggestions for a good Porsche shop.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:44 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Provost is an honorable wrench in Bordentown. Also an active pca supporter.

Quick Reply: Looking for help and advice from Southern New Jersey Rennlisters