Notices

North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 03:57 PM
racedeck_nc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question North Carolina

New member here...just wondering if anyone is in North Carolina. I am minutes from Foreign Car Italia. They always have something sweet there!!

A good friend of mine just picked up his new 911 Turbo....what a frigg'in rocket.

Neil
Old 12-18-2003, 04:13 PM
racedeck_nc
Track Day

By the way...can anyone share the upcoming VIR (Virginia International Raceway) events for the coming year. We love it up there, just an awesome place!
Old 12-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, Neil:

Apparently not many Heels come here. I don't check here often myself. I'm originally from Durham, now living in Blacksburg, VA. I've been to Foreign Cars Italia/Europa several times. Used to race RC cars in King, NC, just north of WS. Great outdoor oval track and also an indoor oval. I don't have a 2004 VIR schedule yet, but you can check with their website. G&W Motorsports is just outside the track. I go to VIR several times a year; sometimes to spectate a race and sometimes to do DE. I used to go to VIR in the '60s and '70s.

I'll be visiting friends in Chapel Hill for New Years, then we're going to Daytona for testing Jan 3-5.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Jim
Old 01-04-2004, 09:12 PM
racedeck_nc
Track Day

Hey Jim...sorry it took so long to reply. King RC...you gotta be kidding....what a small world. I spent a lot of time up there with a buddy that raced RCs all the time. I am in Winston/Clemmons...but originally from the King area.

You are right...doesn't seem to be that many people on here from the Carolinas. I have been hanging on the Ferrari Chat board most of the time. I sponser that site with my garage flooring business. There is several Ferrari guys in the state that post there. You should check it out if you haven't.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Len
5th Gear

Hi guys,

Add one more Tarheel - I'm in Greensboro. I drive by Foreign Cars Italia about every day to and from work. If I'm lucky, I get stopped by the light so that I can look over their lot for new beauties.

I've been wanting to get to VIR, but still haven't made it. Had to miss a local PCA event at VIR last year, still mad about that. You guys have reminded me, I need to check out the schedule and get up there.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Tommy Killebrew
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default North Carolina

Hello Neil,
One more here from NC. I live in Wake Forest, just N of Raleigh. I am fairly new to Porsche, still sorting mine out. Drives best at speed with everything warmed up. My kids love it....Had a tough time finding a car seat to fit the back seat. Got a tip from Smartgroups reply, and now we can all ride.
Now, IF I can just figure out about all these servos so I can get some heat in the cabin.

Tommy
'90 C4 Cab
Old 02-06-2004, 12:53 AM
itsme-itsme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool

Hey folks,
Dave from Monroe, east of Charlotte. Travel in NC, SC, Tenn & KN. Mostly drive the Volvo on business, but the 944 gets the NC trips. The 911 is getting dolled up for Metrolina Region Spring Tour and Auto Fair in April. After that, I recondition the AC, & its a weekend warrior.

There are lots of NC guys, this is just an area no one seems to visit. I just found it 5 minutes ago, and I've been on Rennlist every day for 2 years!! Who knew...
Old 05-24-2006, 02:55 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

So...what happend to all the carolina guys?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:53 PM
kc996
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neil,

I'm in Greensboro. The local PCA chapter had it's meeting at FCI last week, were you there? I try to get on the track at VIR or CMP 6 times a year. Check trackschedule.com. I go with the PCA and Ferrari clubs, possibly BMW in September.
Kevin
Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 AM
rixter
928 OB-Wan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are TONS of NC Pcar owners! you need to hook up with your local PCA chapter
the 2 largest concentrations of Pcars are RDU and Charlotte, but lots more spread out all over the state

Quick Reply: North Carolina