Oil Change on Cayenne Diesel ( 2013 ) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Oil Change on Cayenne Diesel ( 2013 )

Old 03-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
aussie_bob
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Oil Change on Cayenne Diesel ( 2013 )

When changing the oil for the first time I had difficulty getting the top off the oil filter enclosure thinking it was tending to twist with the torque and noticed the yellow bracket missing in the attachment . I assume it is in the Alldatadiy.com diagram but not include during assembly ... Does anyone know about it ? After I got a 32 mm socket I was able to get the top off the filter enclosure to replace the filter element and "O" ring .

Only issue I have an oil "seep" from the drain plug which I still need to resolve. The plug kit came with a new plug and copper crush washer but the original crush washer was a traditional crush washer not a solid washer ....any comments on that ?
Attached Images

aussie_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 AM   #2
aussie_bob
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Oil leak fixed

I was leaking approx a fl oz. a day or so .. the gauge went from full down 2 green divisions.

My son provided the moral support and I unscrewed the leaking plug while holding paper towel around it . Recall that with only 1/2 turn , there was quite a leak indicating to me the threads had enough gap for all that oil to pass around.

After removing the plug, as suggested I slid a finger across to stop the oil and was passed the new plug along with the crush washer already on a 3 inch hex key and positioned it with the one hand as I removed the finger .

Did the plug up to the 22 ft lb torque and that was it ... no more leak. The washer with the replacement plug was a solid aluminium washer and I am thinking the aluminium crush washer does a better job. Next time , I am going to only add one quart of oil and check if the plug / washer is sealing.

Been changing oil for 25 years + and never had an issue like this ... I suspect the dealers use the extraction method and the oil sump plug had never been removed ... but that is irrelevant .

Also , on a diesel any know why the oil is so black even after the oil change ? Does it mean anything ?
Attached Images

aussie_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
r553
Addict
Rennlist Member

Used diesel motor is quite black from the soot getting past the rings. It is normal to be black.
r553 is online now   Reply With Quote