Boxster 2002 Power Steering Pump Question - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Boxster 2002 Power Steering Pump Question

Old 08-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
drsmith
New User

Default Boxster 2002 Power Steering Pump Question

Hi. Replaced Power steering pump in Boxster 986 following forums and a youtube video. Removing the fluid return line from rear of PS pump reservoir required making a small, forked prying tool to pry out line. Did a little damage to the outer end of the red plastic seal (see pic) getting it out. No forum or video describes best way to reinsert the line. I used a wrench and placed it behind the circular ridge around the return line and tapped it in. Now I notice that I can wiggle the return line up and down maybe 1/8 inch or more either direction. I did insert the O ring into the pump before installing the return line but worry now the O ring may be out of place inside or the red plastic seal is distorted from prying the line out or ?? I don't want to put everything together, then discover the thing leaking and have to start over.

Can someone tell me if there should be little or no play in the line or is this ok?

Can the red plastic seal be easily and separately replaced or does one have to replace the entire return line?

Can someone tell me if replacing the line is relatively easy and how to do if so?
Attached Images

drsmith is offline   Reply With Quote