Notices

955 Cayenne DIY: Fuel pump routing

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Steve Nielsen
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently replaced both pumps and the filter. This thread was very helpful. The missing info everywhere I looked was a clear and decisive diagram and instructions where all the hoses go. So I attached them on the shop floor once I figured it out. I also found a great comment from another page that helped understand what hoses go where, once the new fuel pumps are installed. This info and photo should save anyone down the line a lot of frustration.
1. The filter (driver's side) has a hose with a 90-degree female fitting. It crosses to the passenger side and attaches to the FPR male fitting that points downward toward the bottom of the tank.
2. There are two hoses in a "Y" coming out of the passenger pump. One is male and the other is female. The female attaches to the FPR on the remaining male fitting. The male end attaches to the long hose that comes from the center of the driver's side pump once it has crossed to the passenger side.
3. The long hose coming out of the passenger pump crosses to the driver's side and attaches to the filter. Only one of the two male fittings on the filter will accept this hose. The other male fitting on the filter accepts the medium-length hose coming out of the driver's side pump.
4. The short hoses coming out of the center of each pump accept the male hose fittings that are attached to the in-tank orange tubing that are coming from the Sucking Jet Pumps. Take note when disconnecting the shortest hoses on each of your old fuel pumps, so you know what they go to when re-connecting the new fuel pumps. The sucking jet pump hoses will be the only hoses left in the tank with male fittings, once you pull the old ones out.
5. There are also two black hoses coming from the sucking jet pumps with clips on the ends that will snap into place on top of the fuel pumps.
6. Sucking fuel pump hoses not shown in image, as these stay in the tank.
The following 3 users liked this post by Steve Nielsen:
Diamantino Lopes (11-01-2020), Gavin Grob (05-08-2021), scottmcdaniel (09-13-2019)
Old 12-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Drizcol
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this up. This diagram was a huge help to me while I changed my fuel filters. Im still in the process of finishing the job and Im having a problem getting the Fuel Preasure Regulator reseated. Something seems to be in the way. Im not sure if I have the fuel pump positioned correctly. Im sure I will get it figured out. I just wanted to say thanks!

Quick Reply: 955 Cayenne DIY: Fuel pump routing