Sponsored by:

955 BCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 03:29 PM
tracker_bass
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 955 BCM

New to the forums but I've found a lot of good information here. Hope this helps someone. I was having some headlight issues with my 05 Cayenne. The passenger side would not turn off and the driver side would not come on. I noticed that the insulation was coming off of the short harness and the headlight itself. I ordered some aftermarket lights and new harnesses. They didn't correct the issue. I couldn't find a schematic anywhere but I suspected a relay of some sort. I took it to a local import shop and $700 (Just troubleshooting) later they found that it was the BCM (Body Control Module). They wanted another $1000 to replace it. I found a used one online and decided to have a go at it. The used part was $35 and it ended up taking 15 minutes to replace it. It's located under the dash on the driver side. I removed the one screw that held the lower panel in place. Popped out the panel. The BCM slid right out. Unplugged the connectors and plugged them into the replacement BCM. Slid it back into its spot and put the bottom panel back in place. Everything works as it should now.

Last edited by tracker_bass; 05-17-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2024, 08:34 PM
PorscheFunToRide
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tracker_bass
New to the forums but I've found a lot of good information here. Hope this helps someone. I was having some headlight issues with my 05 Cayenne. The passenger side would not turn off and the driver side would not come on. I noticed that the insulation was coming off of the short harness and the headlight itself. I ordered some aftermarket lights and new harnesses. They didn't correct the issue. I couldn't find a schematic anywhere but I suspected a relay of some sort. I took it to a local import shop and $700 (Just troubleshooting) later they found that it was the BCM (Body Control Module). They wanted another $1000 to replace it. I found a used one online and decided to have a go at it. The used part was $35 and it ended up taking 15 minutes to replace it. It's located under the dash on the driver side. I removed the one screw that held the lower panel in place. Popped out the panel. The BCM slid right out. Unplugged the connectors and plugged them into the replacement BCM. Slid it back into its spot and put the bottom panel back in place. Everything works as it should now.

Did you reprogram the bcm? Or it worked even with old programming
?
Old 08-17-2024, 10:16 AM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I don’t know about the original poster but I replaced one a few years back and did not have to program.
Old 08-18-2024, 07:31 AM
PorscheFunToRide
AutoX

Originally Posted by Klaird928
I don’t know about the original poster but I replaced one a few years back and did not have to program.
That's good to know. Was yours used one or a new part? My indy mentions that the rear BCM is linked to car's security and would need programming to the key. I at this point am so unsure if I should just get used or let him work on programming the new one.
Old 08-18-2024, 11:59 AM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

I had a donor car. The only issue I had with the rear control module was that the original car had a three button remote and the donor had a two button. After replacing the module, the original car only used two of the three buttons on the remote. The reason I replaced the rear was because the windows and the locks were not working. Some of the doors would lock but would not unlock, and just weird stuff like that.
Old 08-18-2024, 09:22 PM
PorscheFunToRide
AutoX

I had a donor car. The only issue I had with the rear control module was that the original car had a three button remote and the donor had a two button. After replacing the module, the original car only used two of the three buttons on the remote. The reason I replaced the rear was because the windows and the locks were not working. Some of the doors would lock but would not unlock, and just weird stuff like that.
Oh sweet! So you didn't have to reprogram your key either after the replacement then? If that's true I could save a lot with a similar used module from donor.
Old 08-20-2024, 03:01 PM
PorscheFunToRide
AutoX

Where did you purchase the part? Any reliable sources for the same you could recommend.
Old 08-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

I bought a Cayenne S with 65000 miles that had been rolled over. I completely disassembled it and saved every nut and bolt. I have all the components except for the skeleton body. I have used a lot of it on my other Cayennes.
Old 08-31-2024, 10:31 PM
PorscheFunToRide
AutoX

Hi, I'm currently trying to replace the BCM module. I wanted to know for 2005 porsche cayenne, how many BCM modules are there and where are they located. I'm interested in swapping out the rear module, but wherever I look for the info, they mention that the BCM is located left driver side under the dash. Is that the only location?

Quick Reply: 955 BCM