Notices

SmartyCam HD GP external audio from Stilo Intercom

Old 06-22-2017, 09:05 AM
mlct
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts
Default SmartyCam HD GP external audio from Stilo Intercom

I have a SmarthCam HD GP, which otherwise works great, that I am trying to feed audio from a Stilo WRC DES (9v battery powered) intercom.

My issue is that the voices are being drowned out by the usual car/engine noise on the recording. It is almost as if the audio feed is not applying the noise cancellation filter (the Stilo to Stilo helmet intercom audio is great) or mixing the audio from camera's regular mic. I can hear the voices on the recording which I probably would not hear at all without this mic working somewhat.

I have the intercom set to output high volume output and it is connected to the camera using the proper AIM cable.

Have I missed a setting on the AIM side?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:45 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you have the camera audio menu set to 0% internal mic and 50% external mic? If so, you could try changing the gain on the external mic
Old 06-22-2017, 01:09 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Stillo outputs a line level audio signal.
The SCHD accepts (through the proper cable) a condensor mic signal. These are totally different and incompatible.

You will need a line level to 'camcorder' interface - Shure A96F Camcorder Interface.
You will also need an adapter to connect to the XLR input of the Shure A96F; not sure what the Stillo uses for a connector.

Let me know how it works - I'm leaning towards that brand intercom.

I use a similar setup now, but with my source signal from a small recorder/mixer.

db
Old 06-24-2017, 10:04 AM
mlct
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks to you both. I will research my cable and check the setting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SmartyCam HD GP external audio from Stilo Intercom