Notices

myLaps X2 won't activate...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts
Default myLaps X2 won't activate...

Hoping someone can help and let me clarify. It won't activate in the MyLaps application. I manually copied the license file and I get all green lights. I also ran a diagnostic and license says ok. Subscription shows active on mylaps.com.

However, when I launch the MyLaps application (Windows) it tells me my transponder isn't active and it needs a firmware upgrade. Then it tells me to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in, all of which I do at which point it does nothing and the process repeats...

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

Wait till next Friday and ask the PCA Timing and Scoring guys to see whether it registers.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Thanks Frank. Also spoke to support and they confirm the green lights and diagnostic both show it is active and working fine so we will check later this week!
-P
Old 06-21-2017, 10:46 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

These things are a major PITA. After dealing with one for a year I finally gave up and overpaid for an AMB 260 direct power unit.

What I learned is the start up sequence lights are important, but they do not tell you if the transponder is sending a signal or not. The transponder itself has an LED at the connector. That LED has to flash green or have a steady green if direct power to be active and to transmit. Take a look at the owners manual which is available on line. It gives you the status of the transponder based on what you see on that LED (Flashing green, steady green, flashing red, etc.) Different lights and sequences for battery vs powered so that matters as well. Don't wait to figure this out at the track.

If you want to see if it is transmitting wave it in front of an am radio that is not tuned to a station and see if the interference signal changes.

PM me if you need more help. We can talk on phone of I can help you at VIR.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:26 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RobT 394
If you want to see if it is transmitting wave it in front of an am radio that is not tuned to a station and see if the interference signal changes.
Here's an example of testing with a radio:

Old 07-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RobT 394
These things are a major PITA. After dealing with one for a year I finally gave up and overpaid for an AMB 260 direct power unit.

What I learned is the start up sequence lights are important, but they do not tell you if the transponder is sending a signal or not. The transponder itself has an LED at the connector. That LED has to flash green or have a steady green if direct power to be active and to transmit. Take a look at the owners manual which is available on line. It gives you the status of the transponder based on what you see on that LED (Flashing green, steady green, flashing red, etc.) Different lights and sequences for battery vs powered so that matters as well. Don't wait to figure this out at the track.

PM me if you need more help. We can talk on phone of I can help you at VIR.
Originally Posted by jwasilko
Here's an example of testing with a radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFqsJM6-jA
Awesome, TY everyone!!
Old 07-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

I had 2 of these before I requested they just send me the other style. They made these things too complicated in my opinion.

Quick Reply: myLaps X2 won't activate...