Notices

MoTeC V2 Video Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:33 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default MoTeC V2 Video Enhancements

I've spent way too much time fussing with my V2, only to find you can't change much. My videos have the wrong date and time, which I find quite confusing. They are a day ahead, so my intuition told me the Australian company was merely sending them out set to local Australian time. I searched high and low to see how to change that, only to be told by MoTeC that I was right. It's set at the factory to local Australian time and it is not changeable by the user. Boy is that ever dumb.

I also noticed my brake pressure reads in kPa rather than PSI (pounds per square inch). Again, there is no way to configure this in the camera settings.

I urge everyone who owns a V2 to submit user enhancement requests to make the product more flexible and user friendly.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:49 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

One other major issue we were able to sort out is the fact that the V2 unit will not recognize a micro-SD card greater than 32 gig. This was extremely frustrating, as all I had were 64 gig cards. To compound the frustration, there IS a setting in the software to set the card size. I set it to 64, but it only recorded on a 32 gig card.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:35 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
One other major issue we were able to sort out is the fact that the V2 unit will not recognize a micro-SD card greater than 32 gig. This was extremely frustrating, as all I had were 64 gig cards. To compound the frustration, there IS a setting in the software to set the card size. I set it to 64, but it only recorded on a 32 gig card.
Again, this is a known issue due to the formatting of SD and mSD cards in general. These cameras (as well as the SmartyCam, older VBOX, Race-Keeper) all need FAT32 formatted cards to work. Cards above 32 GB come in exFAT, not compatible.

You can use disk utility and other third party software to reformat these XC (extra capacity, over 32 GB) cards and they'll work.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:27 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

^^

Ah, I did not know that. (sigh) Windows. Ugh.

Thanks for the insight and the tip to reformat the cards.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:04 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Sure! I've run into this since the very first ChaseCams (remember them?), but once resolved, no issues!

I think the V2 is the best solution for MoTeC ADL2-and-on equipped cars. Seamless integration with i2 Standard or Pro, auto on/off, the basic info written to the video (key, for me and many others) and the tiny, rugged form factor has been a really good thing. I am sure it'll only get better as firmware and software revisions are released, too. I feel good enough about them to stock one or two.

Your car is beautiful!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peter,

One of the nice things about Race-Keeper is that it does NTFS format for the cards and that eliminates the 4 Gb size limit for files in FAT32.

Race-Keeper does appear to work fine with and ADL3/i2Pro and considering the comments here, it doesn't appear the MoTeC solution is any better or more flexible (which is what you would expect/want for the money).

Quick Reply: MoTeC V2 Video Enhancements