Notices

AIM MXL w/ bullet cam. Affordable way to upgrade video & sound quality?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 05:19 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AIM MXL w/ bullet cam. Affordable way to upgrade video & sound quality?

Hello all, my 2006 cayman s race car came with an AIM MXL data/gps/bullet cam system already installed and it seems it is quite dated. The video and sound quality is extremely poor and I was wondering what would be the most affordable option for me to upgrade the quality. Is it possible to just swap out the bullet cam for a newer HD one and leave everything else alone? I am fine with the data provided in the dash. Will a newer camera integrate with the rest of my data system without any issues? Thanks in advance.. Pics and video below.

Attached Images    
Old 04-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

You have one of the original standard def GP cameras. You have to replace the recorder and bullet camera to get the HD video (or get an all in one). Sounds will be similar. The good news is that there is a strong market for your GP camera for people who want some data and video in an older car (it creates a data file like a Solo would with the video).

If you decide to upgrade, I'd be happy to help you out. I offer Rennlist discounts and have cameras in stock, ready to be configured and shipped.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:37 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
You have one of the original standard def GP cameras. You have to replace the recorder and bullet camera to get the HD video (or get an all in one). Sounds will be similar. The good news is that there is a strong market for your GP camera for people who want some data and video in an older car (it creates a data file like a Solo would with the video).

If you decide to upgrade, I'd be happy to help you out. I offer Rennlist discounts and have cameras in stock, ready to be configured and shipped.
thanks for the quick response Matt. I will send you a pm

Quick Reply: AIM MXL w/ bullet cam. Affordable way to upgrade video & sound quality?