Notices

Dumb RaceStudio 2 question - Test Database and Lap Manager

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Dumb RaceStudio 2 question - Test Database and Lap Manager

Hopefully this is an easy one and I just have to click the right box...

This is a new issue, hasn't happened before, I'm on the latest revision of RS2 using a Solo logger.

When I open up Race Studio Analysis the 'Test Database and Lap Manager' is open already. It shows all of the tests I've downloaded and allows me to select the one I want to view. I click on the test I want and it opens up okay, but the 'Test Database and Lap Manager' window disappears, it used to stay open. This makes it impossible for me to load other tests, it also makes it so I can't compare two tests. I have clicked on the 'Test Database' tab at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens. I looked through all of the menus and tried a bunch of stuff but nothing brings back the 'Test Database and Lap Manager' window. If I unload the test I'm looking at the window doesn't reappear and it will only reload the test I was already looking at. I can unload the test, then import another one by opening the .DRK file, but that doesn't show me laptimes or any of the other useful info without opening it up. The only thing I can do to get the 'Test Database' window back is close and reopen the program.

Any ideas? Any other ways to get the Test Database manager to open?

Thanks!

Last edited by Cory M; 05-15-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Can you post a screen shot?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:28 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

I can't reproduce this myself. I would download a fresh copy and reinstall.

Originally Posted by Cory M
Hopefully this is an easy one and I just have to click the right box...

This is a new issue, hasn't happened before, I'm on the latest revision of RS2 using a Solo logger.

When I open up Race Studio Analysis the 'Test Database and Lap Manager' is open already. It shows all of the tests I've downloaded and allows me to select the one I want to view. I click on the test I want and it opens up okay, but the 'Test Database and Lap Manager' window disappears, it used to stay open. This makes it impossible for me to load other tests, it also makes it so I can't compare two tests. I have clicked on the 'Test Database' tab at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens. I looked through all of the menus and tried a bunch of stuff but nothing brings back the 'Test Database and Lap Manager' window. If I unload the test I'm looking at the window doesn't reappear and it will only reload the test I was already looking at. I can unload the test, then import another one by opening the .DRK file, but that doesn't show me laptimes or any of the other useful info without opening it up. The only thing I can do to get the 'Test Database' window back is close and reopen the program.

Any ideas? Any other ways to get the Test Database manager to open?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2016, 02:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

I've had this issue before and it was dialog boxes and tabs getting caught underneath active pages.

Work with the minimize (restore down) button in order to get the tabs in order for proper viewing.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 AM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

That's how it was acting, like the screens were open but hidden. I've had that happen before with other software. I minimized windows, moved them around, stretched the main window in all directions, etc, but nothing worked. I ended up uninstalling the program, deleting the configuration files, and reinstalling it. Now it works fine. Weird little bug but it's back to normal now. Thanks for your suggestions!

Quick Reply: Dumb RaceStudio 2 question - Test Database and Lap Manager