Old 12-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

There is some great new stuff. I'll get some photos for people tomorrow. AiM has the new shift light module, Evo4s, Evo5, and LCU4 on display. Release of these is still a little bit out. They also released data on the GPS08 which will use not only the US satellites, but the Russian Glonass. That means better accuracy and quicker lock in. Very cool stuff.

There are also some new displays from Plex, a superwide MoTeC display, and some other items. I may have some very cool new sensor options that we haven't really seen before very soon.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:37 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,347 Likes on 1,900 Posts

The new Motec displays are really cool, Bosch is showing a 4G/LTE telemetry module, all good stuff!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
The new Motec displays are really cool, Bosch is showing a 4G/LTE telemetry module, all good stuff!
I didn't see the Bosch stuff in their display area - it was much smaller than previous years. They had ECUs on display mostly. MoTeC had their cellular system on display.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:42 AM
tentenths
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Since my primary interest is aim this is a disappointment since they don't have at least a demo of rsa3. Another 3 years?

I guess it's pretty cool motec and bosch are catching up to autosport labs with the 4g telemetry
Old 12-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tentenths
Thanks for the replies. Since my primary interest is aim this is a disappointment since they don't have at least a demo of rsa3. Another 3 years?

I guess it's pretty cool motec and bosch are catching up to autosport labs with the 4g telemetry
What do you want out of rs2 analysis that isn't there? I'll pass it along to the software guys while I'm there today.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:08 AM
tentenths
Advanced

whoa...thats a big one. Cadell said they are working on rsa3 and it will have many gps, video comparison and time based enhancements. Please ask them about it and when it will be out or at least beta.

I heard about a new Solo also???

Thanks

Last edited by tentenths; 12-11-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yep, that's all coming! Race Analysis 3 will be great with video integration, for sure.

A more "older car friendly" Solo/Solo DL and EVO4S with new file format.

Race-Keeper now offers 4G live streaming.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tentenths
whoa...thats a big one. Cadell said they are working on rsa3 and it will have many gps, video comparison and time based enhancements. Please ask them about it and when it will be out or at least beta.

I heard about a new Solo also???

Thanks
RS3 Analysis still a bit away. They spent a lot of time on the new GPS08 and making the WiFi perfect. The changes to make RS3A are significant and take lots of time to make.

All new new hardware that is to be announced is in then photos and the new catalog. That includes the LCU4 lambda unit, remote shift lights, GPS08, Evo4s, and Evo5.

Peter - did you end up here or are still at Roebling Road?
Old 12-11-2015, 03:11 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Sunny and 75 degrees at Roebling Road! You need to bring the 914 here, you'd love it!

If I were up there, I'd want to be doing the tech crawl with you!
Old 12-11-2015, 06:02 PM
tentenths
Advanced

Is there a link to the new aim catalog?

Does the new Solo have an additional time base or file format with additional time reference?

thanks,
Old 12-14-2015, 09:34 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Yep, that's all coming! Race Analysis 3 will be great with video integration, for sure.

A more "older car friendly" Solo/Solo DL and EVO4S with new file format.

Race-Keeper now offers 4G live streaming.
Full data (all channels you logged) + video syncing will only be possible in RSA3 when you have a 'new' logger (EVO5, MXL2 etc.).

Old loggers (MXL, EVO4) will never switch to RSA3. They will keep on using .drk files and RSA2.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:46 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Full data (all channels you logged) + AUTO video syncing will only be possible in RSA3 when you have a 'new' logger (EVO5, MXL2 etc.).

Old loggers (MXL, EVO4) will never switch to RSA3. They will keep on using .drk files and RSA2.
Fixed it for you.

The latter is likely. How they will do it is allow RS2 emulation within RS3 to keep compatibility with the older file format. You'll still be able to compare .drk and .xrk files.

The original stuff and older file format are still very powerful tools.

Only you, I and a few others are stuck on what Race-Keeper, Video VBox and a few smaller applications do now, and what AiM hopefully will do...
Old 12-15-2015, 06:00 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 918 Likes on 449 Posts

If one goes the AIM route with an MXS or new EVO4s, is the only option for integrated video the crazy expensive Smartycam HD units?

Isn't much of what is in the SmartyCam redundant when you have a full system like the MXS?
Old 12-15-2015, 06:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by winders
If one goes the AIM route with an MXS or new EVO4s, is the only option for integrated video the crazy expensive Smartycam HD units?

Isn't much of what is in the SmartyCam redundant when you have a full system like the MXS?
The EVO4 and EVO4S (don't hold your breath on the latter, the EVO5 was shown at PRI in 2012 ) are just small, simple loggers that convert GPS Speed, Position, electro mechanical accelerometers, voltage and resistance from sensors into named measures that can be saved and displayed later in software for review and analysis.

The MXS combines a more powerful and expandable logger with a color display. It has a pretty serious processor and OS in it, too, so you can come up with manipulated measures from raw data. Plus, it has nice shift lights.

The SmartyCam HD has a serious processor and rendering capability that turns the voltage, resistance, GPS info, Speed, accelerometers and more information sent from any connected AiM logger into characters written real-time onto the background of a 720P video. Serious power.

The SmartyCam HD has a processor, a Linux operating system and has one of the best CMOS (image) sensors out there (that isn't plagued with the "wavy, rolling shutter effect").

All of this stuff is modular, you can mix and match to meet your budget and needs.

Technically, you can use a SmartyCam HD with an optional antenna and power cord and get lap times, speed, g's, lap count, track map and it will record and stop using multiple triggers.

Most NEWER cars, ones that have an ECU that can talk to a Solo DL, for instance, already have the sensors needed for RPM, stability control gyros, brake pressure sensors, throttle position and, with two wires or an OBD-II cable (if the car allows), allows use of the most popular combination, the Solo DL and SmartyCam HD.

Older cars need an EVO4 (simple, relatively cheap, no display standard) or MXL2, MXS or MXG (if you want an instrument cluster replacement) to allow for the connection of a standard RPM square wave signal and add on sensors to substitute for the ones included on the modern cars.

So, the SC HD needs a "collector of information" and a "translator" of that information to feed more than basic info and power.

There's only one other video camera that can easily render DETAILED, VEHICLE information real-time onto the background of the video and without wavy, bumpy video and it's standard definition. All the others combine the information from the car or data with the video after the fact.

Quick Reply: Anything NEW at PRI?