Notices

How to configure from MXL Stada to Pista

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts
Question How to configure from MXL Stada to Pista

I just received my MXL unit back from Aim.

While it was there resolving a GPS issue with the new Smartycam HD GP, (They replaced the Smartycam box for the fix) I was offered to upgrade the MXL Strada internals for Pista data logging internals, which I did.

Question: Is there a quick and easy way to configure the Pista data (water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, RPM, gear shift, etc etc) from my existing Strada configuration in Race Studio 2?

Or must each item be individually and manually configured?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:59 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could get a Strada "converted" to a Pista. Good to know.

I am speculating here, but since in Race Studio 2 there is only "MXL" in the Device Configuration choices, you could Transmit your existing "MXL" configuration to your now-logging Pista, if you have it.

To be safe, open the Configuration Manager (within the Device Configuration window), clone your existing Strada configuration and Transmit it to the Pista. That way, you could copy your original config manually, if it came to that.

Let us know.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-18-2015, 12:33 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Yes they can upgrade the MXL internals from Strada to Pista, with the external connections remaining the same. They said they only had a few Pista boards available. It's a good deal, for sure!

I tried to configure (export) to the actual Pista unit using Race Studio 2 device configuration window using my actual saved Stada configuration, but the Pista wouldn't recognize the Strada data for conversion.

I suppose I could did it bit by bit covering each and every data point individually, but was hoping for a simpler, quicker solution.

Quick Reply: How to configure from MXL Stada to Pista