Notices

Got an AIM system and don't get it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 349 Posts
Smile Got an AIM system and don't get it?

Got an AIM system and don't get it? I didn't really, and I was tired of being consciously incompetent. If you weren't one of us in on the AIM Webinar, you passed up on a Golden Opportunity. The webinar was about an hour long....it seemed like 15 minutes, John Block went through 82 slides.

I know I paid about $2,000, more or less for my AIM EVO4 & G DASH. And I'll be damed if I'll be relegated to using it as a shift light, some waring lights and a lap timer. John showed us some really slick ways to get that extra 1/10th or two, to three, probably a lot more seconds, just by looking at the data, and making changes as required.

Shock histograms...I paid multi-thousands for a MCS system, and am pretty much still on factory settings. Reason: There are just too many variables for me to comprehend with my butt sensor. Using shock histograms, you can see, at any point on the track, what your shocks are doing, and now I will be able to crank in some more, or take out compression & rebound scientifically. Now all I need is the 4 sensors and to get them wired up. Lucky for me, and anyone else that lives on California's Central Coast, we have Dave and Ellen Ferguson at Veracity Racing Data to take care of us, and they do it oh so well.

Math channels: We will be getting into that next week. The potential looks awesome!

I don't recall what I paid to attend the Webinar, but it was worth every cent. John has also recorded the session for us it it will be up for review up until we do the 2nd lesson.

Thanks to Jihn Block for an amazing Webinar.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 349 Posts
Smile

Just finished session #2....call John Block and ask to review session #2, session #3 is in 2 weeks.

Sales
505-890-8708
ext 201
Fax 505-890-5285
Tech help 505-890-8708 ext 202
The Original Data Acquisition Webinars
NEXT SESSION STARTS June 23rd. All sessions start 8pm Eastern - 7pm Central - 5pm Pacific unless other arrangements have been made.

How it works: There are different classes consisting of 5 sessions each. They are customized and focus on the specific brand of data system, see below for day of week. Prior to each live session you will receive (via email) handouts to use for notes during the live session. Also, after each live session you will get a link to a recording of that session.

Tuesdays are dedicated to viewing the material in the AiM Race Studio software. However, on subsequent days small group or private sessions covering the same material are available for CDS, Pi, or MoTec.

Data Acquisition session 1, the week of June 22nd.
Data displays; reading & understanding the different ways data can be displayed and placing different signals from the car in the display types.

Data Acquisition session 2, the week of June 29th.
Working with data display appearances, manipulating and creating your own displays and creating typical pages/tabs/profiles for your own analysis.

Data Acquisition session 3, the week of July 14th.
Tips and tricks prior to analyzing your data; math channels (understanding and creating). Understanding data quality, calibrating, sample rates, filtering & noise.

Data Acquisition session 4, the week of July 21th.
Using your views to analyze and interpreting the data; first things first, lap/segment times, driver skill & performance and the secret tool of comparing drivers.

Data Acquisition session 5, the week of July 28st.
Part 2, Using your views to analyze and interpreting the data; steady state handling, transient handling, chassis platform movement, and shock absorber performance, tire loading and pre-failure diagnostics.
Note: You must have speakers to hear the seminar & high speed connection (DSL or cable, etc)

Your price $175.00 AiM RaceStudio
Purchase This Item

Your price $175.00 CDS TrackMaster
Purchase This Item

Your price $175.00 Pi Toolbox
Purchase This Item

Copyright © 2005-11 AutoWare, Inc.

Auto-Ware's WEB semINARS (webinars)
UPDATED We now have the Original Data Webinars and AdvancedData Webinars.
Select the course below you wish to attend. After clicking the Purchase button
below you will receive an acknowledgement email and we will follow up with the
login infor. Our virtual conference room is highly interactive with lots more features
and it really is just like we areall sittingin one room looking at the same computer.
Classes are limited to 8 people per class, so don't wait.
Advanced Data Acquisition
NEXT SESSION STARTS June 22nd. All sessions start 8pm Eastern - 7 pm Central - 5pm Pacific unless other arrangements have been made.

Advanced DAQ session 1, June 22nd.
The secret to winning, Best Practices of using data acquisition, universal constants, quick check and targets, life cycle management.

Advanced DAQ session 2, June 29th.
Drivetrain like you've never seen before, health issues, gearing, driver input, and using a basic system as a rolling engine dyno.

Advanced DAQ session 3, July 7th.
Tips and tricks for all things related to brakes, i.e brake bias & predicting lockup, aggression, driver skill, total slowing, master cyl & pedal issues, caliper issues, all done with a basic system and 2 brake pressure sensors.

Advanced DAQ session 4, July 14th.
A grab bag of goodies covering everything from dynamic load on tires, to measuring effective Anti-dive, to roll gradient comparisons, and using suspension frequencies to tune your suspension.

Advanced DAQ session 5, July 21st.
DRIVER, skills & development and conclude with aerodynamics.
Note: You must have speakers to hear the seminar & high speed connection (DSL or cable, etc)

Your price $350.00
Only $175.00 if you have completed Original Data Acq webinar
(call for special rate)
Purchase This Item
Copyright © 2011 AutoWare, Inc.

Quick Reply: Got an AIM system and don't get it?