Notices

Track Map Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 PM
wparente
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Map Problem

Roger or .......... - This weekend I ran into a problem with the RS3 Map Manager track map for the Brainerd track in Minnesota. I loaded in the default track in RS3 to the MXL2. I came to discover while at the track that the start finish line was about 6000 feet off. Unfortunately I do not have an exact Lat and Long for the finish line. When I tried to input a 6000 foot beacon offset in RS2 it came up with an error of "shift set to wide". I tried making a new map but it always used the bad start finish line.
Now at home I was able to figure out how to Modify the beacon in the RS3 map manager program to the correct position so that I am able to download to the dash but that still leaves the problem with the Modify Beacon offset problem in RS2.
If I download the new start finish to the dash and then export it back out along with the old data collected over the weekend will it go into RS2 with the correct start finish line? I will give that a try, but was wondering if I was on the correct path.
Bill Parenteau
Old 05-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Use the GPS lap insert to move start finish and that should do it. Here is a video from Roger on how to use the function https://vimeo.com/104157434
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 PM
wparente
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This stuff is so dam easy when you know what you're doing. Thanks Matt
Old 05-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

No problem. The GPS Lap Insert is a great feature and is invaluable if you have a start/finish problem.

I think outside of maybe Roger, Josh, and a couple of people in Italy, no one knows all the features of RS2. It's so powerful and has so many features.

Quick Reply: Track Map Problem