AIM MXG/MXS new user notes

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Gellersson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aim MXG

hello need som help from you !
i have the Aim MXG and trying to get the Teves Mk60E5 on Can2 but the Ecu that is in the RS3 software i can not get any connection with but if i change to Can1 and the Bmw PT6 i can see all data from the Teves unit

Do any one has all the canbus adresses for the Teves Mk60E5 1mbt from ABS Bmw E92 M3 ?! so i can do my own or has already done it and can mail me the protocoll for it :-) ??!

Thanks in advance
Christer G
Old 05-14-2017, 06:57 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gellersson
hello need som help from you !
i have the Aim MXG and trying to get the Teves Mk60E5 on Can2 but the Ecu that is in the RS3 software i can not get any connection with but if i change to Can1 and the Bmw PT6 i can see all data from the Teves unit

Do any one has all the canbus adresses for the Teves Mk60E5 1mbt from ABS Bmw E92 M3 ?! so i can do my own or has already done it and can mail me the protocoll for it :-) ??!

Thanks in advance
Christer G
Assume you are not running the stock ECU on CAN1? Also from the sounds of it you have tried the "Teves - MK60_E5" protocol listed on CAN2? Did you try the "Teves - MK60_ABS_MS_1Mbit"? (I don't expect that to work)

You probably will need to email Aim Italy to get the to add the xc1 protocol file to CAN2 option list.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:29 AM
Gellersson
2nd Gear

I am not driving the stock Ecu :-) of course aftermarket Race system
I have talked to the Aim italy and only got the respons that the Teves Mk60E5 is the right can adress and it has 500kbt communication
I do not know if i am wrong but the PT6 protocoll is 1mbt line and works and the other does not so there is something wrong
Old 05-15-2017, 08:18 AM
gobuffs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is my understanding that the E5 is 1Mbit. I haven't confirmed that.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:08 AM
jigga009
Advanced

Has anyone found that Aim-sportline's website is not working? I noticed that my RS3 is not connecting to Aim's servers to check for updates. In addition, I am unable to connect via any of my internet browsers (firefox, chrome, internet explorer) on my windows PC to Aim's website in order to manually download any updates.

Tried switching to my Mac, and on all browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Torbrowser), same effect. Connection times out.

The only time I can actually connect is via Opera Mini on my mobile device. Safari and Chrome on my iphone don't work.

Not sure how long this has been going on for, as I just noticed it a few days ago when I opened Race Studio 3 to check for critical updates.

Anyone notice the same thing?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

I was looking at it with chrome on a pc yesterday without a problem.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:14 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Spent about a dozen times on it yesterday and the day before, no issues.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-06-2017, 02:32 AM
jigga009
Advanced

Question for our resident gurus - Is there a 719 cable with flying lead that would allow one to tap into display lights on the OEM dash? For example, to allow the AIM dash to turn on an LED if for example the turn signals are activated on the OEM dash behind it.

Anyone?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jigga009
Question for our resident gurus - Is there a 719 cable with flying lead that would allow one to tap into display lights on the OEM dash? For example, to allow the AIM dash to turn on an LED if for example the turn signals are activated on the OEM dash behind it.

Anyone?
No, but you can cut the end off a regular patch cable and strip what is there. If you don't have the means, I could do it for you before I shipped it if you bought one.

I've had lots of people do exactly what you want.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Like Matt said, cut off the end of a 719 jumper. If you are monitoring voltage just connect the white wire to the source and configure the dash. You can condition an alarm to turn on an alarm LED when it sees voltage

Old 03-29-2018, 12:59 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

Default Gear Math Calc

Hi All,

Couple of issues I am having and not getting any speedy or appropriate support here in UK.

2001 Porsche Boxster 3.2S With AIM MXG

I tried the gear math calc on just speed and RPM and it was absolutely all over the place showing random gears regardless of speed, revs and actual gear. I tried it with both ECU speed and GPS speed and was the same. I have now configured it with the gear "pre calc" which requires circumference of the wheels. I believe that because the wheels are staggered sizes front to rear and they have different circumferences and that the car ECU takes an average from all 4 wheels. My question was should I take an average of the front and rear wheels or use the rear wheels which are the driven ones.

My other question which remained unanswered was when I selected the Porsche Bosch ECU for 996 (Which was recommended for Boxster 986 too) I got no data or communication. I had to select ECU by the protocol which was ISO9141_2 before I could get any data communication. My question was / is this satisfactory choice for everything to work properly?

I am quite disappointed with this system as it doesn't install/Work as advertised and also slow response to my problems. I am not a big team and am working mainly by myself which is why I bought the MXG because it was made out to be plug and play, just select the correct ECU.

TIA
Andy

Last edited by ajondyh; 03-29-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: adding product
Old 03-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For the gear calc, use GPS speed and RPM. If you want to use an actual wheel speed, use a drive wheel. The gear calc should work well if you run it, but pre calc would work as well. If you are doing the gear calc in RS2 when analyzing data, the AiM included math function works well and is easy to do.

With a 2001 Boxster, you will get slow communication from the ECU.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:47 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
For the gear calc, use GPS speed and RPM. If you want to use an actual wheel speed, use a drive wheel. The gear calc should work well if you run it, but pre calc would work as well. If you are doing the gear calc in RS2 when analyzing data, the AiM included math function works well and is easy to do.

With a 2001 Boxster, you will get slow communication from the ECU.
Thanks for reply. I did say I had already tried with just speed and RPM and gear display was all over the place just very random. That was why I thought pre calc might work better.

The fact you've told me Boxster ECU is slow communication just makes me feel more like I've wasted a chunk of money
Old 03-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The jumping was from the slow RPM input. I would suggest not using the ECU connection, adding oil pressure, water temp, and connecting the RPM hookup. With that you'll have good data.

Sorry you haven't received good support from your dealer.

Post a rpm trace to confirm the slow ecu connect.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:55 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

OK I'll give that a try, I have an RPM feed at the OBD2 socket. Only thing I don't under stand is the RPM factor setting.... Is that the number of cylinders and should I select /6 ?

Quick Reply: AIM MXG/MXS new user notes