Notices

AIM MXG/MXS new user notes

Old 04-18-2017, 05:59 PM
jigga009
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
My money is on an open circuit...

I've had all kinds of unentered config changes with software/firmware updates... Not an issue, just need to go through it all each time.

Robbie is good people.
Seems very knowledgable. It was actually his interview here:
that got me to look at the MXG in the first place
Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Originally Posted by jigga009
Seems very knowledgable. It was actually his interview here
Robbie is my go-to (among many very good support engineers at AiM Sports, the Tylers, Chad, Olga and others) but the MAN, the myth, the LEGEND, the original Mike McKnight, is seen between them with the black shirt and glasses.

I've sold more than a million dollars worth of AiM Sports products, without a web store or from a permanent location, in the past few years and I am really happy with their service. Not just vending and fulfillment, but SERIOUS support.

Without support, it's just a bunch of buggy electronics...

Thanks for posting that video. Good interview.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-01-2017, 02:35 AM
jigga009
Advanced

Does anyone know what was done to Version 3.14.01 of Race Studio that has meant that the software is no longer capable of supporting a lot of the warnings and math channels that were supported on previous versions of the software?

There now appear to be limits to the number of warnings/alarms that can be created and attached to the dash.

I am trying to add a 3rd math channel under RS3, and I am finding that the software is telling me to disable one of the existing channels, yet when I do so, reducing the number of math channels I have to 1, it will not allow me to add a second channel, claiming that there are -27 math channels still available?

Do I need to revert to previous firmware if I want to support the channels and alarms I want to support?

Anyone else see this?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Originally Posted by jigga009
Does anyone know what was done to Version 3.14.01 of Race Studio that has meant that the software is no longer capable of supporting a lot of the warnings and math channels that were supported on previous versions of the software?

There now appear to be limits to the number of warnings/alarms that can be created and attached to the dash.

I am trying to add a 3rd math channel under RS3, and I am finding that the software is telling me to disable one of the existing channels, yet when I do so, reducing the number of math channels I have to 1, it will not allow me to add a second channel, claiming that there are -27 math channels still available?

Do I need to revert to previous firmware if I want to support the channels and alarms I want to support?

Anyone else see this?
This bug in RS3 has been found and fixed with version 3.14.02 and will be released soon. Thank you for reporting it!
Old 05-03-2017, 02:53 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

So staying at 3.14.00 is best for now?
Old 05-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Probably Jeff but I can share that I was not able to re-create the issue even after several/many tries with old and new configurations. But then Jigga009 shared his configuration and the issue was found and a fix is coming. I have not had anybody else report the issue so I can only think 3.14.01 is OK for most but to be safe you can wait. I would expect a new version in just a short time.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:59 PM
soilentblue
AutoX

Can you change Lap and Lap time to something else, say boost pressure and water temperature, or is it always shown still in the display selection below? I remember reading a while back that you couldn't change those two with the MXS and MXG.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 757 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by soilentblue
Can you change Lap and Lap time to something else, say boost pressure and water temperature, or is it always shown still in the display selection below? I remember reading a while back that you couldn't change those two with the MXS and MXG.
I believe those fields are always laptime related and there is no way to change them to another channel/measure.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:33 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just tried in RS 3 and the lap number can not be changed but the lap time can be.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:48 PM
soilentblue
AutoX

I can deal with just the lap number being on. At the very least it isn't a deal breaker.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:06 PM
kervracing446
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone help me with setting up BATT/Charing voltage on an MXS? I replaced an MXL in a 944 and on the MXL it had a channel called BATT. That is gone now and when selecting Internal>Battery I suspect this is showing voltage of the backup battery in the dash. I'm all analog/sensor based, no ECU runs. Is there a way to do this or do I need a sensor and build a custom sensor to adapt the 0-5v. Appreciate any help. Tks Jon
Old 05-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kervracing446
Can anyone help me with setting up BATT/Charing voltage on an MXS? I replaced an MXL in a 944 and on the MXL it had a channel called BATT. That is gone now and when selecting Internal>Battery I suspect this is showing voltage of the backup battery in the dash. I'm all analog/sensor based, no ECU runs. Is there a way to do this or do I need a sensor and build a custom sensor to adapt the 0-5v. Appreciate any help. Tks Jon
The internal/battery is the voltage supplied to the dash, so. It's what you want to use.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:32 PM
kervracing446
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
The internal/battery is the voltage supplied to the dash, so. It's what you want to use.
Hi Matt,

thank you for the quick response. I did use that but got a consistent 12.4v displayed even when the battery was too low to start. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? On the old dash it would fluctuate with voltage output. We put a new motor in so all wiring was re-done from when MXL was in. again thank you for your help. Jon
Old 05-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kervracing446
Hi Matt,

thank you for the quick response. I did use that but got a consistent 12.4v displayed even when the battery was too low to start. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? On the old dash it would fluctuate with voltage output. We put a new motor in so all wiring was re-done from when MXL was in. again thank you for your help. Jon
You have it set correctly. Did you check the voltage at the battery with a volt meter? Is it possible that there is a voltage loss between the starter and battery?
Old 05-11-2017, 11:32 PM
kervracing446
Intermediate

I'm going to check wiring again and test battery. Won't be for a week or so but will make sure it's all wired together right. Main thing is that internal>battery is for voltage. Really appreciate you confirming this. tks. Jon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AIM MXG/MXS new user notes