Notices

BMW/Teves Mk60 ABS data to AiM loggers..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:17 PM
MoTeC Joe
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Krocodil, there is finally a CAN output configuration in Race Studio 3. Howeve it will only work with the latest AIM Products (MXL2, MXG, MXS, EVO4S, etc. I have not done it yet as most of my customers used the MoTeC and had this solution years ago. Let me know if you want me or Roger Caddell to write something for you to try. Again, I have not tested it but AIM Italy is really good on answering any issues that should arise. Honestly, the Teves is nearly a legacy product. Bosch has released a M4 Clubsport that retails for $6700 for the entire kit. The only difference is a generic, not custom built harness and no custom mapping capability for the Bosch M4 ABS. (You still get a switch position 1-9. Just position 10 and 11 that were reserved for custom mapping are unavailable). Let us know, we are happy to help.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MoTeC Joe
Yes Krocodil, there is finally a CAN output configuration in Race Studio 3. Howeve it will only work with the latest AIM Products (MXL2, MXG, MXS, EVO4S, etc. I have not done it yet as most of my customers used the MoTeC and had this solution years ago. Let me know if you want me or Roger Caddell to write something for you to try. Again, I have not tested it but AIM Italy is really good on answering any issues that should arise. Honestly, the Teves is nearly a legacy product. Bosch has released a M4 Clubsport that retails for $6700 for the entire kit. The only difference is a generic, not custom built harness and no custom mapping capability for the Bosch M4 ABS. (You still get a switch position 1-9. Just position 10 and 11 that were reserved for custom mapping are unavailable). Let us know, we are happy to help.
Joe,

Thank you for the reply. I already have a Teves MK60E5 in the car so we will stick with this system. I do have an MXS dash and Nick at Vision was able to get the systems to talk and read the Teves wheel speed an brake pressure data.

However, we have yet to tackle CAN output functionality needed to adjust/trim the E5. We will very likely need help from you/Roger and Curt to get it working correctly. I suspect we will get to this in the next month.

Cheers,
Old 08-11-2017, 11:57 AM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Krokodil - might you be willing to share how info on the CAN configuration out of your MK60E5? I have the older MK60 that I would like to read on my MXL2.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kristap
Krokodil - might you be willing to share how info on the CAN configuration out of your MK60E5? I have the older MK60 that I would like to read on my MXL2.
I don't think it is anything tricky. The protocols are now available in RS3. Beyond that I don't know what the tech did (if anything).

Cheers,
Old 09-05-2019, 08:06 PM
M0ebius604
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK60e5 Can Protocols

Originally Posted by MoTeC Joe
The Mk60 has 2 CAN transmit addresses and basically transmits 4 wheel speeds and 4 brake pressures and the ABS alarm is in the brake pressure template, CAN ID 153 offset 0 length 1 and bit mask Hex 02. The Mk60E5 has much better CAN transmit protocols. I can provide you the template if you need it.
The MK60e5 can protocols would be more than useful for me if your still able to share it!

Also anyone writing custom vehicle parameters to these yet?

Quick Reply: BMW/Teves Mk60 ABS data to AiM loggers..