Notices

BMW/Teves Mk60 ABS data to AiM loggers..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:58 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the emulator today. Works perfectly. Don't have to clear the errors codes off the ABS computer to get the data to transmit. Now I just need to wait for AiM to add the right protocol to the CAN2 stream and I am all set.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MoTeC Joe
Krokodil, The boys from AIM are here in Charlotte this week at the Motorsport Expo. I am spending the day with them tomorrow at the show. I spoke with Josh from the AIM California office tonight and he said they have the MXL2/MXG/MXS Teves template ready and it just needs to be implemented into the firmware/software. The CAN transmit is in theory supposed to work but I still need clarification. Stay tuned, I will get exact release dates for you tomorrow along with pictures of the new MXS 5" color display.
Joe,

I hope all is well. I did tell Dwain (and Nick) hello for you. Tess was probably busy bottle feeding her goat.

I spoke briefly with Josh (he was at Vision checking on an MXL2 installation) and he repeated the statements in this thread re: what still needs to happen with templates, etc.

Do you have a more recent update?

I offered my car as a test mule if needed.

Cheers,
Old 03-03-2015, 12:54 PM
MoTeC Joe
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Joe,

I hope all is well. I did tell Dwain (and Nick) hello for you. Tess was probably busy bottle feeding her goat.

I spoke briefly with Josh (he was at Vision checking on an MXL2 installation) and he repeated the statements in this thread re: what still needs to happen with templates, etc.

Do you have a more recent update?

I offered my car as a test mule if needed.

Cheers,
I did spend the day with Josh and the AIM gang at the MSX last week. Sorry for the delay, I have been running around the country setting up systems. Josh and I spent a couple of hours going over all the CAN addresses and the offsets and lengths of the messages. He documented everything with notes and pictures and forwarded it off to Italy. From there I am not sure. I will try to follow-up with him today. I still believe the CAN transmitted messages are going to be a challenge so I would not expect your trim switch to be functional. A used CDL3 came up for sale at $1700 with I/O option and loom but missed out by 1 day on trying to get it for you. That would have solved all your issues.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:21 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

I think they are fairly far along on getting the Teves into the available options fairly soon.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Latest release offers support (3.05.02 RS3) on CAN2
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts
Default BMW/Teves Mk60 ABS data to AiM loggers..

I saw that in there but didn't have time to post it here. I don't have a car to test this on, but hopefully the protocol works well.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:45 AM
gobuffs
Instructor

Nice. 2 of the 3 protocols I have already tested.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

I did spend the day with Josh and the AIM gang at the MSX last week. Sorry for the delay, I have been running around the country setting up systems. Josh and I spent a couple of hours going over all the CAN addresses and the offsets and lengths of the messages. He documented everything with notes and pictures and forwarded it off to Italy. From there I am not sure. I will try to follow-up with him today. I still believe the CAN transmitted messages are going to be a challenge so I would not expect your trim switch to be functional. A used CDL3 came up for sale at $1700 with I/O option and loom but missed out by 1 day on trying to get it for you. That would have solved all your issues.
Joe,

I hope all is well. Dwain says hello.

Do you have an update on the availability and functionality of the MXS to Teves MK60E5 two-way communication protocols?

Cheers,
Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Joe

When i look at this picture It looks like you Are Logging both the trim value and the trim dasch value ?

How come ?
Old 03-19-2016, 01:44 PM
MoTeC Joe
Track Day

Hi Rickard,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question but I have been in Sebring for the 12 Hour.

The Teves uses a number selection from 0-9 as a level of performance for the ABS controller. That is the trim value I send to the Teves as a performance selection. However,
0 is max performance and then the next selection is 9 for 90%, 8 for 80% and so on. This became a cluster for the driver to have to turn the dial from 0 all the way to 9 as his next selection. So I simply made a 2D table to have the driver display to be 1-10 in the order of performance. Easier for the drivers to understand and control. That is the Trim Value Display channel.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Joe,

Any update on the two-way connection between Teves MK60E5 to the AiM MXS?

Cheers,
Old 04-20-2016, 05:18 PM
MoTeC Joe
Track Day

Sorry, no CAN TX yet from AIM. They are still working on it.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Bump for an update. Heard that two-way CAN is now shown in RS3, but that the MK60E5 is not shown as an option.

Cheers,
Old 06-24-2016, 09:18 PM
MoTeC Joe
Track Day

There is 2 CAN inputs on the new AIM MX line but still no capability of transmitting CAN messages to other devices. They said they are working on it but it will still be a while.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Joe (and others),

Any update on Teves E5 to/from AIM MXS?

Cheers,

Quick Reply: BMW/Teves Mk60 ABS data to AiM loggers..