Notices

22 pins Deutsch female connector for MXL2

Old 01-10-2015, 10:53 AM
wparente
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22 pins Deutsch female connector for MXL2

I have seen 22 pins Deutsch female connector only, for MXL2 listed for sale somewhere but I can't remember where. Dose anyone know the part number and connector configuration description for the connector (I have the pin out)? I only need a couple of the inputs so I thought I might tackle the build myself during our long cold winter!
Bill P

Last edited by wparente; 01-10-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,797 Likes on 1,652 Posts

I recommend milspecwiring.com This is the webstore for MoTeC Systems East in Mooresville, NC.

Unless you have the proper tools ($375 plus crimper), I would recommend you commission them to do it (it would be less than the tool for everything).

If you buy or can borrow the right tools, buy the Tefzel wire and correct gauge pins, they do have all the parts. Most vendors sell individual components. The above site can sell you a "kit" for what you need.

Part number for the kit is: MS AS612-35SN
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

The connector is around $100, plus the wire, plus the binder connectors, and you are going to be over $200 in not including the crimping tool. Plus, those connectors are not particularly easy to do. By the time you add in your time, it's cheaper to buy the harness from AiM and have the ability to add sensors later.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I'm with Matt.

I can't tell you how much of a pain (and how much money I have spent) getting up to speed on doing this right... Sheesh.

It's something I am doing because I am selling a lot more MoTeC these days and installing a fairly substantial C185 setup in my race car.

In the end, I will have far more than the $2100-$2500 they want for a custom harness in the tools, connectors, wiring and mostly TIME in my install, but I need to know how to do it. Correctly.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About this auxiliary cable, is it now generally available and will it enable any remote button functionality - ie activate buttons on dash from steering wheel?
Old 01-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kristap
About this auxiliary cable, is it now generally available and will it enable any remote button functionality - ie activate buttons on dash from steering wheel?
They are back ordered from Italy at the moment, but I expect some in next week. It looks like this http://www.aim-sportline.com/images/...o_05_large.jpg

The 22 pin harness allows 4 more analog inputs, the second CANbus input, 3 more wheel speed inputs, the rs232 connection, and the two digital outputs.

Right now there is no way to do external buttons except with the AiM steering wheels. I do now know a future availability date more than to say they are in the pipeline.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:14 PM
wparente
Intermediate

Default Remote buttons

Warning this is a guess only. I believe if you had an open analog channel you could create a custom sensor with simple electronics to give a high/low (1/0) signal which you could toggle with a remote button. You could then go to the math channel to refine it and program it into the dash alarms or display. You could set up multiple buttons on one analog channel depending on the resulting voltage output from the individual input button "if" there is a way to process different voltages thru the math channel to output the desired results. Not sure what you want to do once you get it into the dash but I think it's doable with a little experimentation. That being said, it's just a guess because I haven't attempted it and for now you don't appear to be able to port custom math channels to the dash display yet, which could be a road block to my convoluted logic.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wparente
Warning this is a guess only. I believe if you had an open analog channel you could create a custom sensor with simple electronics to give a high/low (1/0) signal which you could toggle with a remote button. You could then go to the math channel to refine it and program it into the dash alarms or display. You could set up multiple buttons on one analog channel depending on the resulting voltage output from the individual input button "if" there is a way to process different voltages thru the math channel to output the desired results. Not sure what you want to do once you get it into the dash but I think it's doable with a little experimentation. That being said, it's just a guess because I haven't attempted it and for now you don't appear to be able to port custom math channels to the dash display yet, which could be a road block to my convoluted logic.
With that you could display an alarm or activate an output, but it would work just like a regular switch. What most people want are buttons to replicate the buttons on the MXL2/MXG itself.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:43 PM
wparente
Intermediate

Matt - That makes sense. I wasn't even thinking of that because my middle fingers can reach the dash buttons with both hands on the wheel when going down the straight. I forgot that not everyone has that setup.
Bill P
Old 04-07-2016, 11:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage...20protocol.pdf
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Wrong thread?
Old 04-08-2016, 08:43 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yep. Too many electrons going back and forth!

Perhaps help your buddy rbahr.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:14 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
They are back ordered from Italy at the moment, but I expect some in next week. It looks like this http://www.aim-sportline.com/images/...o_05_large.jpg

The 22 pin harness allows 4 more analog inputs, the second CANbus input, 3 more wheel speed inputs, the rs232 connection, and the two digital outputs.

Right now there is no way to do external buttons except with the AiM steering wheels. I do now know a future availability date more than to say they are in the pipeline.
Originally Posted by kristap
For the new dashes (MXL2/MXS/MXL) AiM has a remote button interface:

http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/pro...-interface.htm

This plugs into the primary CAN bus, so you generally need an expansion hub: http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/pro...-hub/index.htm

I've got the button interface installed but haven't yet wired it to my wireless steering wheel system ( http://summit-technologies.myshopify...mmable-version ). Not enough time...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 22 pins Deutsch female connector for MXL2