Notices

AIM tutorial & help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 01:03 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default AIM tutorial & help

I am completely new to AIM. My brand new car has AIM MXG 1.2 dash and SmartyCam3. I just pulled video and need several changes with regard to recordings.
  • The individual MP4 videos seems to start whenever car engine starts. I would prefer it start recording sessions when car is moving, maybe >20mph. I have no idea where to find those settings.
  • Plus, the factory scene shows Sebeco logo and RPM, gear, track map, and speed. I would like to have lap timer, lap counter, etc showing on the video scene. Once again, no idea how to edit this.
Can someone give me some guidance or help?
Old 03-07-2024, 02:15 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
I am completely new to AIM. My brand new car has AIM MXG 1.2 dash and SmartyCam3. I just pulled video and need several changes with regard to recordings.
  • The individual MP4 videos seems to start whenever car engine starts. I would prefer it start recording sessions when car is moving, maybe >20mph. I have no idea where to find those settings.
  • Plus, the factory scene shows Sebeco logo and RPM, gear, track map, and speed. I would like to have lap timer, lap counter, etc showing on the video scene. Once again, no idea how to edit this.
Can someone give me some guidance or help?
Turn on the power and hook the camera up to your computer. Launch RaceStudio 3 and find the camera configuration. You can customize the display and settings. Once you have your custom configuration, you upload that to the camera. Here are AIM YouTube videos that explain this a lot better
Old 03-07-2024, 02:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

There are a ton of videos on YT. I'm not sure what camera you have, but this gives you the idea
If you have a GP, then you transmit through USB instead of the mSD card.

For the setup, I would recommend having the dash record at 5 mph or 500 rpm. Set the camera to stop after 60 seconds. The recoding parameters in the dash are a hard set, so if you slow below the 20 mph you mention, it will stop the recording.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

James Colborn's videos, as well as the ones hosted by Roger Caddell, the National Training manager for AiM Sports, the American importer, are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/@JamesColborn

https://www.youtube.com/@aimsportsdata

"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-07-2024, 03:44 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Awesome, seems quite simple after watching the first video, thanks again
Old 03-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Still cant find where to change the video start/end recording settings. I have toggled thru the various menus directly on the AIM MXG1.2, have not found it. So, are the recording settings a part of the MXG dash or the actual Smartycam3?
Old 03-24-2024, 06:23 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
Still cant find where to change the video start/end recording settings. I have toggled thru the various menus directly on the AIM MXG1.2, have not found it. So, are the recording settings a part of the MXG dash or the actual Smartycam3?
Both. In thw on camera setting you want it set to on logger command. In thw MXG you set it in the config at the bottom of the parameters tab. I suggest greater than 600 rpm or 10 mph.

Quick Reply: AIM tutorial & help