AIM Datahub and Channel Expansion

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 04:26 AM
coss1600
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default AIM Datahub and Channel Expansion

Hi,

Sorry for the dumb questions, been a while since I installed the AIM in my car and I totally forgot what I did . Anyway I have a MXP, with all 8 analog sensors used for temp and pressure. I also have 2 CAN sensors, the factory GPS and a Smartycam 2.1. Anyway all my connections are full. I am thinking about adding 2-3 more sensors. Could you guys tell me if I am on the right page?

I have to get a data hub, that will plug into the EXP port of the 37 pin harness. I believe that is where the GPS is now? Camera stays where it is as it needs the power from the 37 pin?

After the data hub, I will also have to get a channel expansion and in order to run my new sensors that I want to have? I want to get 2-3 temperature and pressure sensors now

I guess since my data hub will only have 2 connectors used up, I can get the AIM shifter to fill the 3rd slot?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2024, 07:35 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

You are on the right track. The Data Hub can go on the EXP or GPS connectors and turn them into four places. You can plug any AiM expansions into them. So you can do the GPS, Shift Light Module, Channel Expansion, and a host of others there. If you are doing PT100 temp sensors, I like the ACC better than the channel expansion https://trailbrake.com/aim-analog-can-converter-acc/ for the form factor and cabling outputs, but that or a channel expansion will work. I'm happy to help you out if you haven't sourced things yet.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:47 PM
coss1600
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you, let me build my shopping list after I get back and see the car
Old 03-06-2024, 01:18 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Random side question. I’ve heard the Solo2DL can now take a port expansion to take some sensor inputs. I was planning to do that with my next engine rebuild, to add oil pressure. But the OP question about shift lights is interesting. Will that work to add the shift light module to the Solo2DL?

thx
Old 03-06-2024, 01:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
Random side question. I’ve heard the Solo2DL can now take a port expansion to take some sensor inputs. I was planning to do that with my next engine rebuild, to add oil pressure. But the OP question about shift lights is interesting. Will that work to add the shift light module to the Solo2DL?

thx
Yes, the Solo 2 DL can now take a Channel Expansion for four analog inputs or the ACC.

No, no way to configure the SLM in the Solo 2 DL configuration page in RS3.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: AIM Datahub and Channel Expansion