Vbox Circuit Tools & RaceStudio 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 12:48 PM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbox Circuit Tools & RaceStudio 3

Hi

I'm playing the Iracing game, I'm trying to do my analyses through Vbox, but the interface seems simple. Actually, I'm not very experienced. I discovered RaceStudio 3 software. Iracing works with ibt telemetry data. But we can't get video in. I have to buy SmartyCam 3 to open the videos. But I don't want to give that money. I want to learn from experienced people whether vbox will be enough for me. Also, the map in vbox does not appear as a 3d google map. I hope it will be improved.

Thank you

Old 02-29-2024, 12:51 PM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

Old 03-01-2024, 11:49 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

It’s up to you, but some of the finest drivers in the world improve with Circuit Tools 2.

You should use the Ideal Lap with Ideal Lap video to benchmark yourself.

RS3 is more flexible (by a lot) in display options. VBOX Tools has more options for displaying info.

The video in the sim generated CT2 is very valuable for like and position audit, which can explain why some of the traces look the way they do.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-02-2024, 09:05 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

The AiM Race Studio 3 integration is really nice. I use it with iRacing too, but it will work with ACC and rFactor 2 as well. The power of analysis is really great for improving your driving. With some of tricks in iRacing around tire heating, suspension movement, etc., it's great to be able to do the advanced analysis to see those things happen. AiM also has a few hundred videos on YouTube to help you with the software if you need them.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that the AiM Cloud is awesome with sim driving. You can easily upload your data sessions to the AiM Cloud from your sim computer and then download them on your other computers for more analysis later. I use that feature all the time.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:16 PM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

AiM Race Studio 3 is very successful in the things you mentioned. But the lack of video synchronisation is very bad. For this, they direct you to buy a smart cam. Instead, they can put a price for 'simracing' for software. After all, we are not real drivers. It seems ridiculous to give a camera 750 dollars. They are failing in this regard. Because video is more important than anything else in the analysis. Unless I can do this, it doesn't make much sense to me to make comparisons only through graphics. I already use vbox circuit tools for him.

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
The AiM Race Studio 3 integration is really nice. I use it with iRacing too, but it will work with ACC and rFactor 2 as well. The power of analysis is really great for improving your driving. With some of tricks in iRacing around tire heating, suspension movement, etc., it's great to be able to do the advanced analysis to see those things happen. AiM also has a few hundred videos on YouTube to help you with the software if you need them.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that the AiM Cloud is awesome with sim driving. You can easily upload your data sessions to the AiM Cloud from your sim computer and then download them on your other computers for more analysis later. I use that feature all the time.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:19 PM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

Edit:

AiM Race Studio 3 R3 is very successful in the things you mentioned. But the lack of video synchronisation is very bad. For this, they direct you to buy a smart cam. Instead, they can put a price for 'simracing' for software. After all, we are not real drivers. It seems ridiculous to give a camera 750 dollars. They are failing in this regard. Because video is more important than anything else in the analysis. Unless I can do this, it doesn't make much sense to me to make comparisons only through graphics. I already use vbox circuit tools for him.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:42 AM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

AiM Race Studio 3 R3 is very successful in the things you mentioned. But the lack of video synchronisation is very bad. For this, they direct you to buy a smart cam. Instead, they can put a price for 'simracing' for software. After all, we are not real drivers. It seems ridiculous to give a camera 750 dollars. They are failing in this regard. Because video is more important than anything else in the analysis. Unless I can do this, it doesn't make much sense to me to make comparisons only through graphics. I already use vbox circuit tools for him.

Edit:

Old 03-04-2024, 01:54 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by csknzdmr
AiM RaceStudio 3 Analysis does synchronize SmartyCam video, just not a video capture from a sim or any other camera. I know sim racers that buy a camera to create a capture of their screen to sync with the sim-produced data, but with VBOX, you don't have to do that.

I can assure you in real life, what you say in bold is true (video synced with the analysis)!

VBOX Test Suite, the update for VBOX Tools, offers a completely customizable interface with more features than Circuit Tools 2. https://www.vboxautomotive.co.uk/ind.../en/software-m
Old 03-05-2024, 06:32 AM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

Hi

Thank you for this. I've downloaded the software and I'm looking at it, I hadn't heard of it before.

Originally Posted by ProCoach
AiM RaceStudio 3 Analysis does synchronize SmartyCam video, just not a video capture from a sim or any other camera. I know sim racers that buy a camera to create a capture of their screen to sync with the sim-produced data, but with VBOX, you don't have to do that.

I can assure you in real life, what you say in bold is true (video synced with the analysis)!

VBOX Test Suite, the update for VBOX Tools, offers a completely customizable interface with more features than Circuit Tools 2. https://www.vboxautomotive.co.uk/ind.../en/software-m
Old 03-05-2024, 09:50 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by csknzdmr
Hi

Thank you for this. I've downloaded the software and I'm looking at it, I hadn't heard of it before.
It’s a little more involved to set up and learn. It’s designed for new vehicle and/or tire testing and validation.

But, I use it for optimizing braking, status indicators, much more robust math channels and, of course, it features auto-synced video!

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2024, 12:22 PM
csknzdmr
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It’s a little more involved to set up and learn. It’s designed for new vehicle and/or tire testing and validation.

But, I use it for optimizing braking, status indicators, much more robust math channels and, of course, it features auto-synced video!

Good luck!
Yes, Thank you

Quick Reply: Vbox Circuit Tools & RaceStudio 3