Motec C125 Fuel Prediction Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 07:26 PM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Motec C125 Fuel Prediction Help

**Non-Porsche Warning but shouldn't matter***

I'm trying to make sense of configuring the Fuel Used calculation feature in an endurance race car (Honda Civic Si TCA race car initially built by Honda Performance Development (HPD)) and I'm wondering if anyone has an example of what the "Fuel Used (Raw)" channel is supposed to look like when viewing the channel over some laps in i2.

On my car, it's a unitless number that ranges from -32754 and increments over a course of several laps to 32745 before resetting again to -32754 and increasing again and repeating the cycle. Since it's not an absolute number, I'm not understanding on how it derives the calculation to output the approximate milliliters burned.

Aside from one Rennlist thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...lculation.html) for Cup Cars that uses the Incrementing Fuel Used method and a calculation of Fuel Used (Raw) x 10/1 ml to estimate the fuel used, there isn't a single clue on the internet that provides any documentation on this feature. I've reached out to HPD, but the best they could send was a Motec C125 user manual which isn't any help.

Can someone provide a screenshot of their working Fuel Used (Raw) channel over a lap in i2 from their Cup Car or any other race car and how the calculation is configured in Dash Manager? I realize that my multiplier for adjustment will be different for this car, but I just have no idea on what a working configuration looks like to start from.

The i2 screenshot I have shows one of the laps at Barber Motorsports Park where the Fuel Used (Raw) channel increases until it hits its 32745 peak, and then resets to -32754 and begins to increase again. Any hint of what I should be looking for with the Fuel Used (Raw) channel will be much appreciated!

Side Note: This car came shipped from HPD with the C125 Logger, but interestingly it uses the car's OBD2 port to log data. I figured HPD would tap into the CAN Bus of the car, but perhaps the modern OBD2 port logs fast enough to not warrant that. Maybe fuel injector pulse isn't even visible from the OBD2 port and this is all a pointless exercise, but since I'm getting a value on the Fuel Used (Raw) channel, then it's got to be reading something right?

How it's currently setup in the car (i'm guessing this is default):

Last edited by Jickel180; 10-09-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:18 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...then it's got to be reading something right?

No, not at all. Can you get any information on the nature of that channel, Fuel Used (raw)? Just because there's a number doesn't mean it's a good value. I'd like to help but not sure if I can. My input is coming from the ECU over CAN and is measured in US gals. It scales from zero and increments through the session then resets to zero for the next - it graphs just like yours but on a different scale.

Quick Reply: Motec C125 Fuel Prediction Help