Notices

VBOX HD brake pressure help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 11:29 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts
Default VBOX HD brake pressure help

Im having trouble getting proper measurements on the vbox. On VB video, the parameter is set to "CAN" and "Brake Pressure - Front"

When rerviewing data the brake shows up on the display, but appears to be in percentage increments like 25, 50, 75, and 100%. Is there a unit scale that I have wrong? Looks like it is set in bar and the min val is at 0 and maximum 100. Should the range be decreased? Increased? Should I change to reading brake pedal position instead?

Old 09-07-2023, 08:49 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

John, you told me Jason changed the measure from pressure to position to get info from your car.

if it’s reading position, you sound good to go. If you’re reading pressure, 100 bar is the target for 991 Cups and 981/718 CS comp cars.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-07-2023, 10:14 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

One of the major issues with the earlier 991.1 GT3 Cups is that the information template sent from the Cosworth ICD was not standardized. Some information doesn't come through because the template is not directing the Cosworth to send it to the VBOX (or any other logger connected to that specific network). So, you need to take what you have. Any proper coach and driver who is self-coaching can use this information to see an accurate record of brake attack and decay, amplitude and timing.

The most important thing is to have it. All the later cars are standardized. To determine what is coming through, look at the lower left channel listing and check the values under braking for 1) brake position (if listed), 2) front brake pressure and 3) rear brake pressure. If you have rear brake pressure, front is generally there.

Another note, the first series 991 GT3 Cups had an extra-cost option available through PMNA to enable front and rear brake pressure and steering angle input. They would send a new template for the Cosworth to enable that, after payment...
Old 09-08-2023, 10:49 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

I tried brake position and keep getting similar results. I think it may be the scale. Peter, I still have the last file you sent. I may wipe the SD card and reinstall your file. I think somehow the scale brake scale got messed up. Steering is messed up also.

not getting steering angle either.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (09-08-2023)

Quick Reply: VBOX HD brake pressure help