Notices

Track precision not recording 1 mile 1 min

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 11:30 AM
rennforum
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Track precision not recording 1 mile 1 min

I read a lot of information about Track Precision and the reliability issues that users are reporting. The app itself is very nice and useful when it works it has the basic information needed specially with brake pressure / understeer and oversteer.
Didnt have the chance to use at the track yet but playing with it on "free ride" mode. Plan to use it together with Solo DL.
The issue I am facing is that very often it doesnt record the trip. Initially was because the trip was shorter than 1 mile or 1 min ( there is a blue message to inform you about that) ... but even with trips that are over 1 mile or 1 min it doesn't save but shows the same message that trip was less than 1 mile or 1 min.
Have you faced this situation? any recommendation?
Old 03-30-2023, 12:54 AM
edub
Pro

Received 351 Likes on 194 Posts

Thats weird - I have a couple laps around my block that are .13miles in distance. The free ride logging doesn't seem to have a problem.

Do you have good GPS signal when you start the trip? I noticed at the track, I had to wait or move the car to pickup GPS before it would log reliably.

I've since moved to another app, less data but more reliable lap timing, Race Chrono Pro.

There is another app, SoloStorm that apparently uses the same data feeds the Track Precision app uses, and allows use of external GPS systems which are more accurate.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:09 AM
rennforum
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

GPS is ok on my place. I am not sure if app used cell phone GPS or vehicle GPS but anyway I was driving through different areas where GPS is always good. Maybe an alternative is to connect an external GPS (which I already have) and see if this helps.
Main reason I would like to use app is for the data .... it has the more accurate data as get directly from vehicle CAN bus ... still use solo DL as primary lap timer.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:12 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 96 Posts

I assume Porsche has a contractor doing this app and the contractor does very minimal testing.

Quick Reply: Track precision not recording 1 mile 1 min