Notices

Old TraqMate Video Cable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 08:46 PM
wake74
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Old TraqMate Video Cable?

An absolute crazy long shot, but I know from searching the InterWebs that Traqmates seemed popular with Rennslist members a decade ago. I’ve putting together a low budget system to use on a vintage FF. I’ve got everything to work, but looking for the video sync cable for the old GoPro Hero 2. It has a typical RJ45 connector on one end and the long skinny connector on the other.

Anyone still have their misc. TraqMate stuff in the way way back of the tool box?

Thanks!

Glenn

Old 08-28-2022, 11:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Check with Ray Phillips, Precision Driving Analytics. https://precisiondrivinganalytics.com

I might have supplied him with one or two when he bought my hardware business.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 08-29-2022, 08:50 AM
wake74
Advanced

Thanks Peter. I checked with Ray first. He doesn’t have either a GoPro or a ReplayXD cable. The IO module he supplied is up and running, and the TPS and steering position sensors that I picked up from an ApexSpeed user are both reading correctly. Just need to clean up my brackets. I can sync the video manually in TraqStudio but I suspect it will start a lot closer to correct getting the TraqMate to start stop the camera.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:14 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Perhaps try some of the Miata shops as these are quite popular in SM. Racing Analytics, OPM. East Street Racing, Flat Out are a few you can try.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by RobT 394
Perhaps try some of the Miata shops as these are quite popular in SM. Racing Analytics, OPM. East Street Racing, Flat Out are a few you can try.
Flat Out used to have Race Technology stuff. Might still be worth asking. East Street had TM.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:13 PM
wake74
Advanced

Thanks guys, I’ve shot these companies emails to see if they have a box of old TraqMate gear laying around somewhere in the back of the shop.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:26 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Check with Tom Fowler at OPM, too.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:54 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

@wake74 Found a brand new one! Check your email or PM me with your address. A modest contribution to my wine budget and postage and I'll get it to you right away.

Did you know you can make Video Theoretical Best Laps with Traqmate? Awesome training tool!
Old 09-02-2022, 03:19 PM
wake74
Advanced

Thanks Peter for your continued help and service to our hobby. I had read that it will make Theoretical best laps but didn’t realize it would splice the video as wellwhich is pretty neat. My TBLs are still quite a bit of a gap from my actual best laps, just showing again i need more practice. Just waiting on my replacement fuel cell bladder to be fabricated and then I should make the VDCA event at RRR in December. I may attempt to wrestle my way into a guest pass at VIR for a Club before then to get some more seat time.

Originally Posted by ProCoach
@wake74 Found a brand new one! Check your email or PM me with your address. A modest contribution to my wine budget and postage and I'll get it to you right away.

Did you know you can make Video Theoretical Best Laps with Traqmate? Awesome training tool!

Last edited by wake74; 09-02-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Old TraqMate Video Cable?