Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 02:28 PM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Help MXL2 Configuration

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm sure it's something simple. MXL2 and two smarty cams. All S/W is current per the web. Running RS3.

I am trying to update the device configuration. I have the laptop plugged into the device and I can read live measures. I can open and modify any of the saved configurations. However, I can't open the "current" configuration. The current configuration does not show in the list on the right side of the screen. I'm trying to accomplish two things when I can get into the configuration.

1. My brake pressure needs to be calibrated.
2. My rear camera shows the brake bar and I can see it illuminating when the brakes are applied. My front camera does not show anything. Do I change this on the MXL2 configuration or in the front facing smarty camera?

Thanks for the help!

Don
Old 07-25-2022, 06:13 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

You can't work the config in the dash. You can receive it, change it, then transmit it back to the dash. That is in the configs area, not the connected device area. Same for the cameras.

For the camera, you want to make sure the config as the brake graphic set to pressure. It is often set to position.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by 993944S2
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm sure it's something simple. MXL2 and two smarty cams. All S/W is current per the web. Running RS3.

I am trying to update the device configuration. I have the laptop plugged into the device and I can read live measures. I can open and modify any of the saved configurations. However, I can't open the "current" configuration. The current configuration does not show in the list on the right side of the screen. I'm trying to accomplish two things when I can get into the configuration.

1. My brake pressure needs to be calibrated.
2. My rear camera shows the brake bar and I can see it illuminating when the brakes are applied. My front camera does not show anything. Do I change this on the MXL2 configuration or in the front facing smarty camera?

Thanks for the help!

Don
You can do the calibration on the configuration for each camera.

Look at your data and note the maximum brake pressure in psi or bar.

Connect to the cameras one at a time and under All Configurations, select receive from each camera.

Under brake pressure for each camera, set the maximum to just above what you see as your max brake pressure for each camera. Save and transmit to each camera.

If one camera is showing brake pressure, the MXL2 is sending that info.

Last edited by ProCoach; 07-25-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Help MXL2 Configuration