Notices

VBOX OLED firmware update available…

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 07:50 PM
fallenangel96734
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default VBOX OLED firmware update available…

New firmware update for Racelogic OLED is available now…New version 1.14.759. A bit tricky to install- must unplug OLED from your unit and hold down arrow on OLED unit while you plug the OLED back into your HD2. If you have any issues send me a DM and I will try and help.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:45 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Actually, it's pretty easy and the same procedure as for all of the OLED firmware updating.

This is BIG.

The feature add includes latching below a target speed for driver improvement and turning the LED's in the VBOX Laptimer, when connected to and HD2, into a Delta-v measure.

Most drivers and teams are familiar with Delta-t measure, basically a running tally of how far ahead or behind you are in your lap compared to a reference lap, either in that session (for AiM) or pre-loaded (VBOX and MoTeC can do this). Good, but not great. Not the reason why people are slower than others, just the result.

Delta-v is a measure in comparison to the best SPEED at any given point in the corner. Want to see if you're overslowing? THERE it is. Want to see how long the dwell is at vMin? THERE it is.

Incredibly valuable and a great tool to help people do better at specific corners and in specific types of corners. Delta-t is important, but Delta-v is more valuable, in my experience, and is the difference between good and great drivers.

"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-15-2022, 10:11 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 918 Likes on 449 Posts

When are they going to make it possible to show rear views as if looking in a rearview mirror (flip the view horizontally)?? I fond this extremely bothersome when watching videos with a rear view....
Old 07-18-2022, 12:23 PM
stamanti
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've spent the weekend reading up on HD2 setups and OLED pairings. Seems like the the black OLED RLVBDSP05L is updateable to run delta V predictive, but does not have RGB led's to indicate delta T and delta V status.

Are the predictive led's and the all aluminum case the primary differences between the black OLED and the blue RLVBLAP01-V2 when used with an HD2? Any other considerations that I should evaluate when choosing between the two?

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:41 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

So, there is not a functional difference between the 04 and 05 OLEDs, other than the case material.

To get the LEDs indicating delta-t and delta-v (as well as lighting above certain g and speed thresholds), you would need the VBOX Lap Timer device, the Mini Lap Timer device or for an HD2, their new Mini OLED.

The price is more for the aluminum OLED than for the Lap Timer. Before this software, the Lap Timer wasn’t officially supported as an OLED display for the HD2.

Least expensive option, albeit with smaller and less display lines but with the LEDs, is the new mini OLED for the HD2, which would be my choice over either of the old OLED Predictive Lap Time displays.

Want more information, larger fonts, bigger numbers and a bar graph, as well as LEDs? Get the Lap
Timer and the 063 cable (IIRC).

Last edited by ProCoach; 07-18-2022 at 02:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
stamanti (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 09:40 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
So, there is not a functional difference between the 04 and 05 OLEDs, other than the case material.

To get the LEDs indicating delta-t and delta-v (as well as lighting above certain g and speed thresholds), you would need the VBOX Lap Timer device, the Mini Lap Timer device or for an HD2, their new Mini OLED.

The price is more for the aluminum OLED than for the Lap Timer. Before this software, the Lap Timer wasn’t officially supported as an OLED display for the HD2.

Least expensive option, albeit with smaller and less display lines but with the LEDs, is the new mini OLED for the HD2, which would be my choice over either of the old OLED Predictive Lap Time displays.

Want more information, larger fonts, bigger numbers and a bar graph, as well as LEDs? Get the Lap
Timer and the 063 cable (IIRC).
Thanks for the explanation, Peter. If I understand correctly, connecting a mini OLED to my Vbox Video HD2, I can get delta-t and delta-v, as well as the green / red lights indicating better / worse? And do this all against a reference lap?

I really like my AiM MXL2, but don’t like that it only measures against best lap of a session, rather than best lap of the day or best lap ever.

thank you,
Tim
Old 07-19-2022, 09:03 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tgsmith4845
Thanks for the explanation, Peter. If I understand correctly, connecting a mini OLED to my Vbox Video HD2, I can get delta-t and delta-v, as well as the green / red lights indicating better / worse?

And do this all against a reference lap?

thank you,
Tim
Correct. What’s really cool is you can load any reference lap you want into the HD2 to grade yourself against, even someone else in a similar or same car.

By default, it’s against best in the session, to chart session improvement. But you can specify if you want best since media change (changing SD cars) and other parameters. You can also load and keep in the box a reference lap that you choose.
The following 2 users liked this post by ProCoach:
stamanti (07-19-2022), tgsmith4845 (07-19-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 11:40 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

What does "OLED" stand for ?? I am Acronym challenged...
Old 09-04-2022, 09:29 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Organic Light Emitting Display

Its the predictive timing display module.

Quick Reply: VBOX OLED firmware update available…