Notices

Track map on Aim solo dl2

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 11:20 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,518 Likes on 1,854 Posts
Default Track map on Aim solo dl2

I can not get the track map to show up for either of the 2 tracks at NJMP. On the aim unit the thunderbolt track comes up as "Chic" and not t-bolt. Lightning does show up as "Light". Im not sure why the Chic map still shows up as i have removed it from the aim and reloaded the "thunder" map?

I erased the track maps from both the aim and smartycam and reloaded them. I know i have the format correct because i get the map for Watkins Glen.

im wondering if there is some mis-match between the 2 devises?
Old 07-10-2022, 12:00 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

So you have the correct track maps in RS3 and you uploaded them to both the Solo and Smartycam? You then deleted the Thunderbolt with Chicane map from both of your AIM devices? That should have done the trick.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 01:24 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Exactly. Rs3 is fully updated. I was just at njmp t-bolt 2 mondays ago. I just doubled checked and the "chicain" map isnt even loaded into the aim or camera. I dont understand how it still comes up in the display as the "chic"?

Is there a way to do a complete format for the maps so u can reload without the "chic" map? I still dint get why the lightning map doesnt appear. I can get all the telemtry from the aim and the map is loaded into the camera. I think i even saved it to the sd card
Old 07-10-2022, 01:35 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Exactly. Rs3 is fully updated. I was just at njmp t-bolt 2 mondays ago. I just doubled checked and the "chicain" map isnt even loaded into the aim or camera. I dont understand how it still comes up in the display as the "chic"?

Is there a way to do a complete format for the maps so u can reload without the "chic" map? I still dint get why the lightning map doesnt appear. I can get all the telemtry from the aim and the map is loaded into the camera. I think i even saved it to the sd card
You can format the memory, but I doubt that will help.

Did you look on the devices to see what tracks they show (not through RS3).

Old 07-10-2022, 01:41 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

First, update to the latest track list by clicking on the tracks button top left of RS3.

Then, while you are connected to the devices in RS3, select each in My Devices by selecting the green arrow, select the device and then on the right side of the page, select the tab “Tracks”

This allows you to delete or clear all tracks in the devices shown under My Devices. Then, you can, under the tracks button on the top left of the screen, pick the ones you want and Transmit to the connected; highlighted device.

This is a good way to start fresh, as transmitting tracks won’t overwrite what is there on the device, IIRC.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-10-2022, 10:20 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Did you look on the devices to see what tracks they show (not through RS3).

how? I just looked through all the menus on the aim and i could not see a list of tracks.

i did find the tracks on the smartycam and i did find the "chic" track on it so i deleted it.

Eventhough it was not loaded on the aim but it was in the smartycam would the aim stilll pick it as the track? Also still doesnt explain why the lightning track is not showing up?

this system is so fustrating and cumbersome. Wish i had spent half the money and just got the garmin.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:46 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ProCoach
First, update to the latest track list by clicking on the tracks button top left of RS3.

Then, while you are connected to the devices in RS3, select each in My Devices by selecting the green arrow, select the device and then on the right side of the page, select the tab “Tracks”

This allows you to delete or clear all tracks in the devices shown under My Devices. Then, you can, under the tracks button on the top left of the screen, pick the ones you want and Transmit to the connected; highlighted device.

This is a good way to start fresh, as transmitting tracks won’t overwrite what is there on the device, IIRC.
i did all if this before my last track days a njmp and this is why i posted. I have been fighting with this all season. I did mis deleting the "chic" track from the smartycam (deleted now). I have little faith it will do anything to fix the issue.
Old 07-19-2022, 11:25 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Still having issues at njmp. After erasing all the maps and reloading them to both the aim and the smartycam i still cant see the track maps.

It now clearly reads the track as thunderbolt when i down load the video and aim data but rs3 still labels it as "njmp chic" on the analysis page?

I even got help from frank 996 c4s via a zoom call and he thinks it all look fine? He did help me with the gear selector and that kind works now. It now shows as 2 gears too high but at least it moves.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited by De Jeeper; 07-19-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:45 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Still having issues at njmp. After erasing all the maps and reloading them to both the aim and the smartycam i still cant see the track maps.

It now clearly reads the track as thunderbolt when i down load the video and aim data but rs3 still labels it as "njmp chic" on the analysis page?

I even got help from frank 996 c4s via a zoom call and he thinks it all look fine? He did help me with the gear selector and that kind works now. It now shows as 2 gears too high but at least it moves.

Any other thoughts?
The short name (NJMP Chic) was swapped with the regular Thunderbolt name. AiM will fix it and you should see it correct in the next few days.

The map isn't showing up in the SCHD video?

What method for gear did you use?
Old 07-20-2022, 07:51 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
The short name (NJMP Chic) was swapped with the regular Thunderbolt name. AiM will fix it and you should see it correct in the next few days.

The map isn't showing up in the SCHD video?

What method for gear did you use?
Frank helped me set up the precalculated channel where it uses rpm and the set gear rations for each gear. I drive t-bolt in 3rd mostly and go to 4th in the front and back straights.

Latest video

Old 07-20-2022, 08:38 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I would have to see the gear settings, but something is off.

Give me a call this afternoon and I'll try to help you out. I'm tied up this morning, but will have time later. 603-232-9096.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:53 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Ok thx, will try to get out of work a little early so i can get home to the equipment
Old 07-20-2022, 11:40 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ok thx, will try to get out of work a little early so i can get home to the equipment
I'm around next week as well. I'm at the track this afternoon through Saturday. You can also try AiM if that is more convenient. You can get the west coast office until they close 8 pm est.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:15 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

Frank helped me set up the precalculated channel where it uses rpm and the set gear rations for each gear. I drive t-bolt in 3rd mostly and go to 4th in the front and back straights.

Latest video

https://youtu.be/9AjJTRp4RU4
Good progress! For the PRECALC gear, make sure you have the correct rear tire diameter and the correct gearbox information. I gave you the ratios for the '04 GT3 gearbox. I have other ratios as well if you need them. Nice driving BTW.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:30 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Good progress! For the PRECALC gear, make sure you have the correct rear tire diameter and the correct gearbox information. I gave you the ratios for the '04 GT3 gearbox. I have other ratios as well if you need them. Nice driving BTW.

Thx, im.deff getting better at njmp, good coaching and many days help.

The '04 gt3 gear box is correct and i did adjust the tire size slightly. There is a chance that i although i saved the settings i may not have transmitted it to the unit. Gonna see if i can figure out how to test it on the street this weekend.

Quick Reply: Track map on Aim solo dl2